home news index honorees membership gallery index forum

Forum Home > Hawaiian Music Artists > Gospel Group called "The Hawaiians"

Gospel Group called "The Hawaiians"

(234 Messages)

Chris
Posted 9/12/02 at 4:09pm

Post a reply

Does anyone know how I can obtain any recordings by a gospel group called "The Hawaiians"?
Any help would be appreciated.
I wish I could bring my son to Hawaii..
What an awesomely beautiful place..

Top | Bottom
edward voigt
sueed1@comcast.net
Posted 8/27/03 at 8:08pm

Post a reply

"The Hawaiians"

I am searching for any informationto be had about the "hawaiians". Their name I'm quite sure is Yasuhara and they sang praise music a few years back for the Lord. I think they might have had a background in the opera. I think they lived on Hilo or thereabouts. PLEASE HELP! Thank you. sueed1@comcast.net

lacoss@gol.com
lacoss@gol.com
Posted 11/19/03 at 11:11pm

Post a reply

hawaiians

mark and diane live aiea (oahu), haven't sung in 10 years, all music out of print, telephone: 808 488 2049.

i too loved their music

larry

deven
mandad@earthlink.net
Posted 12/7/03 at 7:12pm

Post a reply

The Hawaiians

Did you ever find any music by The Hawaiians. I am looking too. I feel in love with their musin back in the 70's when I was a teen. I still sing several of their songs when I'm happy. "Jesus, There's Just Something About That Name" was my favorite.

thanks/deven

Georgette Warlin
kwarlin@juno.com
Posted 5/15/04 at 8:05am

Post a reply

The Hawaiians

I'm looking too. Has anyone been able to track down their recordings?

Please let me hear from you if you have!!!!!!

Thanks/geo

Kenneth Makuakane
makuakane@hawaii.rr.com
Posted 5/24/04 at 12:05am

Post a reply

The Hawaiians

I can't remember their first names, sad to say, but their last names are Yasuhara. I think the gentleman's name is Ken Yasuhara. Call Alan Yoshioka at Harry's Music in Kaimuki on the island of O'ahu. He knows everyting about anyone. Good luck.

Auntie Maria
auntie@mele.com
Posted 6/19/04 at 10:06am

Post a reply

"The Hawaiians"

These two sites have a few vinyl titles on their list:
http://www.gemm.com
http://www.hakushouse.com

Also call Jelly's Music on O`ahu -- someone told me recently that they will now do searches (for a fee, of course), and will take credit card orders by phone.

Best of luck!

Jane Peterson
pianogirl1@earthlink.net
Posted 7/16/04 at 10:07am

Post a reply

The Hawaiians Singing Duo

I just found them in a Google search, as I also loved their music and had seen them perform in the 70's and 80's in Denver. They now perform wedding music in Honolulu. All of their records are out of print, the website says, but a wedding CD is available. There is a phone number given, if you want to check things out: 1-866-488-2049

Hope it helps.

Steve Marsman
sfmarsmans@yahoo.com
Posted 11/24/04 at 3:11pm

Post a reply

Hawaiians

The Hawaiians are/were Mark and Diane Yasuhara. Christian music group with LPs from Tempo. They run a photography and wedding studio these days.
steve
====================

Danny
idooteach@aol.com
Posted 12/30/04 at 5:12pm

Post a reply

reply to Deven

Is this Deven, Willi's brother writing this? I've been remembering Mark and Diane this Christmas season too and would love to be able to get ahold of a CD of theirs. I still have some old records, but don't have a record player!

To this day, their Christmas Eve concert at U.P. Church in Olathe remains the best Christmas concert in history. I'll never forget Diane singing Silent Night acapella as she walked down the aisle with everybody holding their candles. Nothing, except heaven, will ever top that.

Hope it's you, but if it isn't, then we still share the love of the Hawaiians and their wonderful music.

Danny D.

Joy Snedden
anniejca@aol.com
Posted 1/3/05 at 10:01pm

Post a reply

Not singing anymore

Why have Mark & Diane stopped singing? Their voices thrilled me.
Please reply to my email address. Thank you.

Barb Armbruster
woofums@iname.com
Posted 1/14/05 at 5:01am

Post a reply

The Hawaiians

I was just recording some of the Hawaiians' records as MP3s and started wondering what had become of them. I found the Website for their present business on Google: http://www.alohaforeverhawaiiweddings.com/hawaiian_wedding_music.htm

Susan
smeyer24@comcast.net
Posted 2/26/05 at 3:02pm

Post a reply

Ruby Rashenberg?

I'm looking for someone named Ruby who sang with the Hawaiians. She worked with my mom years ago at Cedar House in Olathe. If anyone knows, please contact my email address.

Barb Armbruster
woofums@iname.com
Posted 3/8/05 at 6:03am

Post a reply

CDs of Hawaiians

I just got word from Mark and Diane that they are in the process of getting their music republished on CDs that will be available only directly from them and not through stores.

If you want to contact them, their e-mail address is alohaforever@hawaii.rr.com

David Decker
deckarch@hotmail.com
Posted 4/15/05 at 10:04am

Post a reply

Hawaiians--reply

I will definately join the club in admiration of the Hawaiins singing. Superb voices. Exquisite use of music and the emphasis that they used. I just looked and some of their recordings are on e-bay. I have most of their record, but as is usual with use--they are not in the best shape. I had some of their music put on a CD--for my use only--and it is a top favorite. Their music just flows over you. My two favorites are "Aloha/ He's Coming soon" and "There's something About That Name/ My Heart Is Thrilled Whene're I think of Jesus." I definately will want CD's if they come out. Wish I could go to one of their concerts.

Preston
pallen@mdc.edu
Posted 4/21/05 at 6:04pm

Post a reply

Mark and Diane

I have been googling the Hawaiians for years with no results until tonight--a hit came up from Ebay and then this chain. I Loooooooove their music. I will buy all of their CDs when they put them out. Why would such a musical talent stop singing? I first heard them on WMCU in Miami when I was a boy growing up in the 70s. "Aloha/He's coming soon" is the sweetest sound I've ever heard, matched only by "Down From His Glory." Mark's sweet/sad tenor elicits tears every time I hear him sing ". . . we know he's coooommming soon." The way he does it--I've never heard it done any better. I'm getting goose bumps just remembering it. Thank you guys for the helpful email addresses and websites. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who remembers this great gift from God, the Hawiians.

Mark
2mdavidson@landstarmail.com
Posted 5/24/05 at 3:05pm

Post a reply

The Hawaiians

I want to join the chorus of "whatever happened to the Hawaiians" I was delighted to find others who miss the marvelous sounds of these wonderful people.My memories of the beautiful harmonies of this couple have never faded. Thanks to whoever got this started and lets hope the CD reproductions are in the works, I can hardly wait.

Sam
valenti@cox-internet.com
Posted 6/7/05 at 12:06pm

Post a reply

The Hawiians

I am delighted to see the interest in this fine group. I have tried for some time to locate their music and them. I will definately buy their CD's. Thanks

mike
flint7301@wmconnect.com
Posted 6/12/05 at 6:06pm

Post a reply

Hawaiians

I bought the album "Hawaiins" at goodwill for fifty cents. my gosh i don't think i've ever heard anything so beautiful. when i need to relax i sit back with the headphones on close my eyes and soar in the heavens.

Brent
bwbaublitz@yahoo.com
Posted 6/13/05 at 11:06am

Post a reply

ME TOO!

Hallelujah! I have done many web searches over the past three years, looks like some success finally! Many of the most powerful experiencs of worship I have ever been a part of were during a Mark and Diane Yasuhara concert, several times while I was growing up in the 70's. My dad was born in Hawaii. He and his brothers all grew up in there with Mark Yasuhara. I am so THRILLED to finally connect! I was just commenting to my wife, "Christmas Aloha" is my all time favorite Christmas Album. I have it on LP, Tempo Records label. It's so gooooood to see the "fan club" emerging here. Feel free to e-mail me.

Teri Hutton
terihutton@tampabay.rr.com
Posted 6/21/05 at 2:06pm

Post a reply

Mark and Diane Yasuhara

Mark and Diane stayed on our farm in the 70's and sang such beautiful music in our home!1 Oh what a thrill!
They had their son Freddie with them at the time.
I was just a child of 13-14 then .I am 52 now so you can see what an impression they left on me!!

Alan
adavis77@netzero.net
Posted 7/1/05 at 7:07pm

Post a reply

The Hawaiians: Mark & Diane Yasuhara

Add me to the list of fans! I was introduced to Mark and Diane's music in about 1976/77 when a Youth Pastor took me to some of their concerts in the Denver area. I had a couple of their albums, but sadly I sold them with nearly all my old vinyl when I moved a few years ago. I've recently picked up some replacements on eBay and I'm enjoying them a lot.

I remember the beautiful harmony of Mark and Diane singing together. I also remember how they looked at each other when they sang in concerts. It was obvious how much they love each other and especially how they love the Lord! My favorite album wans the one called, "Hawaiians."

Alan
adavis77@netzero.net
Posted 7/1/05 at 7:07pm

Post a reply

The Hawaiians: Mark & Diane Yasuhara

Here are a couple of their albums on eBay now:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=306&item=4739172999
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=306&item=4739173019
I have purchased from this seller, and he has excellent service.

Alan

william H. Beatty
whbicl@verizon.net
Posted 7/5/05 at 3:07pm

Post a reply

The Hawaiians

I would like to see Mark and Dianne do a guest shot on the 700 club and introduce recent generations to their music.
I want all of their CD's as soon as they are offered for sale and I am sure millions of their friends would love to share their thrilling talents with their children and grand children.
I will be contacting CBN with this suggestion; if you would like to second the motion their website is http://www.cbn.com
My son and daughter gave my wife and me a wonderful present, a week in Hawaii and I am putting together a music track for my home movies of Kailua-Kona, Maui, and Pearl Harbor.
Mountain Apple Music has beautiful recordings of classics like Sweet Leilani and Blue Hawaii. I have wonderful pictures of the first church in Hawaii and I cant think of anything better than Mark and Dianne's singing as a background for that scene.

william H. Beatty
whbicl@verizon.net
Posted 7/5/05 at 3:07pm

Post a reply

The Hawaiians

RE; The Hawaiians Mark and Dianne Yasuhara
During the 1930's and through the WW2 and post-war era Mainlanders like myself fell in love with Hawaiian music.
There has never been music with the unique ability of Hawaiian music to touch the soul.
Mark and Dianne introduced the generations of the 1960's and 1970's to music that touched the deepest corners of the soul and the highest reaches of the Spirit. They are among the best ambassadors for Hawaii and Hawaiian Music of all time.
I do not know the procedure for nominating artists for induction into the Hall of Fame but I think no listing of great artists from Hawaii could be complete without them.

Ken
kenclaar@juno.com
Posted 7/24/05 at 5:07pm

Post a reply

Mark & Diane

I have a homemade cassette tape of Mark & Diane in Concert from Word WB-8773 from 1978 in the Word box and also a homemade cassette of Forever Aloha if anyone is interested in them I will be glad to send them at no cost. (In the U. S.)

Rick
richters@tconl.com
Posted 7/26/05 at 5:07pm

Post a reply

The Hawaiians

We have hundreds of CD's, tapes, albums, 8-tracks, reel-to-reel - you name it. The Hawaiians are among our favorites. We met them in Phoenix around 1970 - we were on the same TV program - they sang first - then us. We were a group called the Halleluia Singers. We bought all of their tapes available in those days - I think four or five - and have been listening to them on and off ever since. Since the tapes are now old, my son has put the music on mp3 so that we can continue to listen. My favorites are the native Hawaiian songs that Mark and Diane sing. We join the chorus of those saying we'll want the promised CD's as soon as they are available.

J.J.Tobias
jjtobias@netzero.net
Posted 8/24/05 at 9:08pm

Post a reply

Lead to Info. on Mark &Diane

Yes, Edward Voight, you may be able to get some info. on the Hawaiians from people at 1stAssembly of God in Hono. www.firstaog.com Mark's uncle, Woodrow Yasuhara was associate pastor there along w/pastor Roy Sapp.

Frank Miller
fmiller440@yahoo.com
Posted 9/1/05 at 8:09am

Post a reply

The Hawaiians

I love their music. I heard them on WIHS, Middleton, CT yesterday. My favorite was Doxology.

Frank

Ruth
ruth636@juno.com
Posted 9/6/05 at 8:09am

Post a reply

The Hawaiians

I have a few recordings of this remarkable duo. It goes without saying that their music touches the soul. I was privileged to hear them in concert twice and have missed them through the years.
Just as important to me was their obvious love for the Lord and their heart to make Him known. God bless you Mark and Diane!

Bron Miller
Bronlow@juno.com
Posted 9/27/05 at 6:09am

Post a reply

Re: "The Hawaiins"

I remember hearing Mark & Diane in concert at the civic auditorium in Grand Rapids, Michigan during my 4 years as a music major at the Grand Rapids School of the Bible & Music (GRSBM). They were phenomenal and their ministry was most definitely "annoited".

I still have several of their albums in my LP collection (most in very good condition). I also have 2 or 3 of their musical compilation books containing their arrangements which I still use myself in my own ministry.

I had also wondered what became of them --- and I had heard a few years ago that they were divorced. I'm glad to hear that they're still together. I would love to hear them sing again!

--- Bronlow K. Miller
Music & Worship Dir.
Calvary Bible Church
Lapeer, Michigan

john dewar
jdewar@web-ster.com
Posted 10/9/05 at 7:10pm

Post a reply

The Yasuhara

Greetings Bron,
I talked to you on the telephone last week. I talked to Diane Yasuhara tonight. I called them at their home in Honolulu. I told Diane how much their music meant to me and my wife and how the harmony of their duets was the best I have ever heard. I asked them if Mark was Pastoring and she said no. I asked them if they were involved in a church. She said not for many years. It struck a sad response because I told them that their music was like an offering to God a sweet smelling offering. I almost pleaded with her for she and Mark to revive their music. She wouldn't commit to doing that. I encouraged her to do it because so many people across the country loved thier music. I believe that a lot of prayer for them to be touched by the Holy Spirit would help to encourage to start singing for the Lord again. I am glad that I got to talk to her. Have a great week,
John Dewar

Alan
adavis77@netzero.net
Posted 10/13/05 at 9:10pm

Post a reply

Chris and others,

In response to your question on where you can obtain recordings by Mark and Diane Yasuhara (The Hawaiians), you might contact Dave at davhol@one-way.org
He transferred some of my old Hawaiians LP Vinyl to CD's for me, and they came out great! I think he might be able to help you. He also has a Web Site here:
http://www.one-way.org/

Regards,
Alan

larry
lgpryce@sandspringsok.org
Posted 10/26/05 at 11:10am

Post a reply

Hawaiians

Like all the others who have posted messages here, I too miss the music of the Hawaiians and would gladly pay to get their music on CD's. I can think of no other group that I have enjoyed listening to anymore than these two people. Their worship music is greatly missed.

fawn dacumos
dacumosfr@olg.com
Posted 11/7/05 at 4:11am

Post a reply

where are they today?

I have one "The Hawaiians Sing" song book that I purchased at Zondervan's Christian book store in Lexington Kentucky in the 80's. Would like to know where they are today. Loved their music then and would like to hear them again.

David Barnett
crockett_1969@yahoo.com
Posted 11/14/05 at 5:11am

Post a reply

cd's....

I too loved their music and if there is any updates as to a place where you can get the cd's....that would be the best money spent...

Nancy
gowestnan@tbc.net
Posted 12/18/05 at 5:12am

Post a reply

The Hawaiians

I, too, remember wonderful concerts in the 70s. I remember turning down an offer to go hear them in concert before I knew their music. When I saw Mark sing "Ho anyone who is thirsty" on the 700 club, I was heart sick that I had not gone to their concert. Needless to say, I went to everyone I could after that. I would love to have all their music on CD or DVD. I would love to see them in concert again as well. I do remember hearing they settled down in Washington State to attend a local church and be apart of a congregation in the late 70s or early 80s. Then I heard they went back to Hawaii. I remember Mark saying they were from Maui orignially and he used to say "Maui no ka oi" meaning Maui is the best but I may not have spelled it correctly!

Another wonderful Hawaiian who is now deceased was IZ. His CDs are still available. I heard him in a Borders after a trip to Hawaii in '01. He was a believer as well. He was very young, but had a beautiful voice that touched the soul!

I will check back here occasionally to see if anyone finds out if the Hawaiians do re-release their music on CDs. I will be one of the first to purchase it!

I think the idea of a "Reunion" show on the 700 Club would be wonderful. I think Pat Robertson should have The Hawaiians, the show where Barry McGuire met the guy that carried the cross around the world....name slips my mind....he was the one that spoke the word "Jesus" outside the Whiskey A-Go-Go in Hollywood that changed Barry's life! It was a powerful reunion. Would love to see that one again! Plus there are scores of other memorable moments on those early days of the 700 Club!

Good to know there are others that would love to hear the Hawaiians sing again!

Nancy
gowestnan@tbc.net
Posted 12/18/05 at 5:12am

Post a reply

Mark & Diane Yasuhara

Just typed a long message, but it didn't post. Will just add my praise of The Hawaiians music and would also love to have it on CDs.

Another Hawaiian I love to hear sing is IZ. He is now deceased, but his music is available on CD. He was also a believer.

Toni
tonicarrell@aol.com
Posted 12/27/05 at 5:12pm

Post a reply

Mark & Diane singing Hawaiian Wedding Song

To hear Mark & Diane singing:

http://www.alohaforeverhawaiiweddings.com/

Click on the cd at the bottom of the page to hear "Hawaiian Wedding Song" over 3 minutes

(The Unforgettable Wedding Experience in Hawaii)

Toll-Free: 1-866-488-2049
98-288 Kaonohi Street, #3902 Aiea, Hawaii 96701
Local: (808)485-2461 Fax: (808)488-2049
E-mail: alohaforever@hawaii.rr.com
Web site: http://www.alohaforeverhawaiiweddings.com

Hank L
hlanting@comcast.net
Posted 1/11/06 at 3:01pm

Post a reply

Hawaiins

Praise God. I thought I was the only one looking for The Hawaiins. I have some of their records and was priviledged to see them in concert in Wheaton IL. in the early '60's. Please post to this site if anyone knows if they will ever have their recordings available.

Thank You

maura tierney
mtierney20@msn.com
Posted 2/5/06 at 5:02pm

Post a reply

mark and diane ocean grove nj 1986

ALOHA JESUS--EPH 3;16-21 signed mark and diane yasuhara is still in my bible today--they prayed for me out in front of the auditorium and I can still hear Mark's wonderful laugh...yes the prayer was answered and tonite I felt a strong urging to contact them and tell them how much that prayer and verse given in 1986 has blessed my life.

Dave H
davhol@one-way.org
Posted 2/17/06 at 5:02pm

Post a reply

Hawaiians discography

I read that The Hawaiians released 14 albums all together during their heyday. Does anyone have these listed or know the titles?

mike
mstike@wdac.com
Posted 3/28/06 at 10:03am

Post a reply

hawaiians albums

here are 10 that i know of:

hawaiians
God gave the song
forever aloha
Christmas aloha
favorites
i'll sing this song for you
in concert
holiday in hawaii
from the famous beach hotel
vacation in hawaii

Orbra
obliss@gmail.com
Posted 5/16/06 at 7:05am

Post a reply

Mark & Diane Yasuhara

A few years ago, I did a search to find out what had happened to Mark & Diane and didn't get much in the way of results. This week I was telling a co-worker, who is from Hawaii, about them and decided to check again. It was great to find this thread, along with many other hits, I can relate to just about all that has been said.

I was chief engineer of WNWC in Madison, WI in the early '70s. Mark & Diane came for a rally in about 1973. Diane had a cold, but even with that handicap, she was still outstanding. The beauty of their voices coupled with the gracious humility of their personalities added power to the message of their songs.

Their work should not be lost! It should be re-released on CD and I will be in line to buy when it happens.

Dee Robinson
Dee.Robinson@adelphia.net
Posted 5/21/06 at 3:05am

Post a reply

Music of the 70's including Mark & Diane

Try www.mymusicway.com

Music for the 1900 to 200. I love this site. you can hear all types of beautiful Christian Music

Andre Lash
andrelash@hotmail.com
Posted 5/21/06 at 5:05pm

Post a reply

Mark and Diane Yasuhara

I cannot believe it: a roommate in seminary in the 70's introduced me to Mark & Diane's music and later on to them personally, though only once and only briefly. I ahdn't even thought of them for years and in the car tonight, out of the clear blue, they came to my mind and I decided to do a search. Then I found the wedding web-site already mentioned, complete with a relatively current picture. How exciting--they really had a terrific ministry back then and apparently are still alive and doing at least a little singing these days. It is also gratifying to see that many others are looking for their early recordings during these past two years.

Aloha.

Vim Brits
vimbrits@yahoo.com
Posted 6/6/06 at 10:06am

Post a reply

Mark and Diane Yasuhara

It's been a long time since someone posted a message in this space. I'm from South Africa and grew up with the music of Mark and Diane. What beautiful memories. "His name is Jesus" and "Aloha, He's coming soon" was some of my favourites. God bless them. Hope their music are available on CD by now.

Carol
carolanne4u@aol.com
Posted 6/7/06 at 2:06pm

Post a reply

Sheet Music?

I have had the "Down From His Glory" song in my head for the past week now. I have sung this as a duet, but it was years ago. The Hawaiians music thrills my soul. I'd like to purchase their music, or a music arrangement book, if possible.
Please email me & let me know.
God bless!
Carol

Dave H
davhol@one-way.org
Posted 6/27/06 at 1:06am

Post a reply

Hawaiians on CD

For those interested, I have many of The Hawaiians albums converted to CD. This seems to be the only way to preserve this classic music. Contact me for details on price.

SONGS OF PRAISE (EARLY RELEASE W/RANDY HONGO & THE GOSS BROS)
THE HAWAIIANS
FOREVER ALOHA
GOD GAVE THE SONG
I'LL SING THIS SONG FOR YOU
CHRISTMAS ALOHA
GLORY OF HIS PRESENCE
IN CONCERT - LIVE IN WAIKIKI
HE TURNED THE WATER INTO WINE
FAVORITES

Dave H
davhol@one-way.org
Posted 6/27/06 at 1:06am

Post a reply

Hawaiians discography

holiday in hawaii
from the famous beach hotel
vacation in hawaii

i've been doing some checking and don't believe these albums are by mark and diane. they appear to be traditional hawaiian songs done by other groups. can anyone confirm or disagree?

i think they also had an album called "he turned the water into wine? still looking for that one.

Juanita
juaniesings@aol.com
Posted 7/6/06 at 7:07pm

Post a reply

Accompanist for The Hawaiians

I went to many of the concerts for The Hawaiians in the 70's. Their music was beautiful and they were accompanied on the piano by a young man named Kevin Chambers. We know Mark and Diane are in Hawaii~~~does anyone know where Kevin is? He was originally from the Chicago area and attended college at Central Bible College in Springfield, MO. He and I attended college at the same time. If anyone has info, please forward!! Thanks a bunch!~!~!

Darryl
DrMizer@Verizon.net
Posted 7/14/06 at 11:07am

Post a reply

Mizer

Mark and Diane were/are close friends of ours. We met them in the '70's in Virginia. They are now in Hawaii. Find them at http://www.alohaforeverhawaiiweddings.com/hawaiian_wedding_music.htm

Mark is a minister. The site will get you back in touch with them.

Good luck.
Darryl

walt hood
walt9kidz@yahoo.com
Posted 10/27/06 at 2:10pm

Post a reply

the hawaiians

dave - i am very much interested in having
the music of the hawaiians on cd -
i have one of their albums - please advise

Flora Conover
HaroldFlora@comcast.net
Posted 11/17/06 at 7:11pm

Post a reply

The Hawaiians

The Hawaiians were always my favorite singers. We saw them back in 1993 or 1994 at Sandy Cove. I love their voices and I miss hearing them. I would love to be able to get a CD by them. Can anyone help me?

Jonathan
wulfbear@hotmail.com
Posted 12/9/06 at 5:12pm

Post a reply

their music

I was looking around for the albums themselves, and came across this site, which seems to have an abundance of hard-to-find music, including some obscure Christian music, some of which is sold as an LP with a converted CD recording of it included. Hope that helps.

Audrey Schmitt
audreypiper@comcast.net
Posted 12/19/06 at 8:12pm

Post a reply

The Hawaiians

Please let me where I can purchase tapes, records, or CD'd of The Hawaiians. Their music is the most beautiful I have ever heard.
Thank you

Rodney Ogden
rodandmel@juno.com
Posted 12/20/06 at 7:12pm

Post a reply

The Hawaiians

If Mark and Diane haven't seen this post yet then someone should send the webpage to them pronto.
I too enjoyed their Heavenly music and am looking forward to them creating CD's for us to buy.

rosemary imperato
rosemary.imperato@usdoj.gov
Posted 12/26/06 at 11:12am

Post a reply

diane and mark yasuhara singing

i heard mark and diane yasuhara sing many times back in the 70's but never hear of them anymore.
i was always so blessed by their anointed music....i remember them singing the hawaiian wedding song...diane would walk in from the back singing and meet mark up on the platform at the church....LOOKING AT ONE ANOTHER.....i sobbed everytime they would sing--particularly at calvary tabernacle (at the time in brooklyn,ny) this church is now located in staten island,ny and it is called the international christian center. ALSO ONE OF MY FAVORITES IS DOWN FROM HIS GLORY....I ALSO SING THIS SONG....I STUDIED OPERA FOR 6 YEARS...AND SANG SINCE I WAS 4 YEARS OLD IN CHURCH....SORRY FOR REPEATING THAT I SING.....

i do wish i could get some of their music...past and present.....i hope they are doing well and in good health.....i too am a singer....have sung for the lord for years both solo, group and choirs...i sanG in the brooklyn tab choir for 10 years.....i am not presently involved either....but i must get involved again...i was sick with BREAST cancer for a few years...and i guess i got in a slump and discouraged....but i still love the lord...but am wondering what has happened to me????SPIRITUALLY......I AM DOING OK NOW PHYSICALLY....(A FEW AILMENTS BUT OK......THE LORD HAS TOUCHED ME...
i need to hear from you.....and as i said i would like to obtain some of mark and diane's music. what a blessing they were?????what a gift God has given them....send them my love and encourage them...thanks so much...God bless you too! i believe JESUS IS COMING VERY SOON....I KNOW THIS IN MY SPIRIT.... ROSEMARY IMPERATO

Phil Blackstone
phila46@verizon.net
Posted 12/26/06 at 5:12pm

Post a reply

The Hawaiians

Wow!! I think of this group and their music fairly often, but had no way of finding out anything about them until I stumbled across this forum. I am going to follow some of the suggestions mentioned above. I hope I find some of their wonderful music.

Owen
owen.manske@gmail.com
Posted 1/6/07 at 2:01am

Post a reply

The Hawaiians

Wow. I knew that there had to be other people out there that love this music as much as I do. I never saw the Hawaiians in concert, but when I was in college (1995) I was in a very un-Godly relationship (I was a very young Christian) and when we broke up I was devastated. My “spiritual mom”, in addition to all the comforting, nurturing things she told me, also lent me a cassette tape to listen to and all it said on it was “the Hawaiians.” I can’t tell you how much that music ministered to me. My spiritual mom died a few years later and I never found out what happened to the tape. I tried doing a Google search a few years back and found absolutely nothing. But I have never forgotten that music and long to hear it again.

Now I am in the hospital with a life threatening illness, and would love to be ministered to by that music again.

I am going to e-mail Mark and Diane through their ‘contact us” ink at their website and see what the status is on being able to get their music on CD.

Dawn Tahtinen
dawnndon@mchsi.com
Posted 1/7/07 at 6:01am

Post a reply

the Hawaiians

Wow... it's great to read all the messages. My husband and I got filled with the Holy Spirit 1/1/77 and in all these 30 years, have never experienced such anointed music as with Mark and Diane. We completely wore out an 8 track tape with all those favorites ie "I will pour water on Him that is thirsty"... and we were very thirsty!!! It's the only thing we listened to and shared with everyone for almost two years...Every song brought the distinct presence of Jesus... we picked up hitch hikers, shared the gospel with everyone we met in those days... thanks to this divine music. I found a cassette in a goodwill store a couple of years ago, and am thrilled to play their music again. It's as anointed as ever. May God bless them and revive and restore their music and ministry again. And if they're just tired and need a rest, may they be blessed in retirement. But please... let us have another chance at purchasing this awesome music. Dito to the suggestion about a CBN reunion

Dave Musgrove
mzcmn@aol.com
Posted 1/24/07 at 12:01pm

Post a reply

The "lost" is found!!

What a joy to locate even any connection to Mark and Diane. I was in charge of Conventions for a Nationwide Christian-based Business. We had our meeting in the 80's on the Island of Kaui and had them there for an exclusive concert. What a blessing!!! I have been transfering their, now, vintage albums to CD and all of the wonderful memories and blessing returned in an instant. As a musician and having many mutual friends, I so appreciated their ministry and "class" in their presentations and in their lives. We hope to be able to see them and say a fond "aloha" sometime to let them know they certainly are not forgotten and the blessings we received through them are still very much alive!!

Bette Hague
bettemxm@altelco.net
Posted 2/16/07 at 7:02am

Post a reply

Thank God...I found it!

I have searched for at least two years for the Heavenly music of Mark and Diane. I just received a CD of the Recording which included my favorite, "Down From His Glory". What a blessing! It's breathtaking! If you need my help, please Email me for details. By reading the above, it sounds like many have discovered a source. I am praying that The Hawaiians will release CDs, soon. I will do anything to help promote them!

May Our Lord and Savior Bless All Of You,
Bette Hague

Gloria Kaupang
glokaupang@aol.com
Posted 2/25/07 at 8:02am

Post a reply

The Hawaiians

I have only one record of Mark and Diane Yasuhara...GOD GAVE A SONG and have it with my Jana, tony Fontane Dave Boyer records etc.......and would like to have more of their music....Of all of my Christian records, theirs tops the list....truly the listener can sense God's presence in their music. Thanks for all of the notes above...I am another in line for all of the CD's...God Bless...GK

Carole
applefancy@hotmail.com
Posted 3/3/07 at 10:03am

Post a reply

The "Hawaiians'"

I was just looking for more info about the "Hawaiians'" and I actually found them. Here is there site for all of you love them and enjoy them.
http://www.alohaforeverhawaiiweddings.com/hawaiian_wedding_music.htm

It would be so awesome if we could all call them or write them and request that they have there music put on CDs. How great that would be....costly too. I havae their album Hawaiians' "Favorites". Truely anointed.

They are also listed on this site along with many other former Christian Artists.

http://www.mymusicway.com/labels/index.html

Great Site and one can listen online to old time Christian Music.

God Bles you all.

http://www.mymusicway.com/index.php

DJ Goddard
djgoddard@campberachah.org
Posted 4/13/07 at 7:04am

Post a reply

The Hawaiians

I would be thrilled at any music by the Hawaiians you have. I saw there concert in Kansas City back in the early 80's and have never forgotten their obvious love for the Lord and the wonderful talents they shared with world. I would appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks! DJ Goddard - 19830 SE 328th Place - Auburn WA 98092 - 253-887-8858

Marvin L Mobley
m0m071@yahoo.com
Posted 4/16/07 at 12:04pm

Post a reply

The Hawiians

Today,4/16/07, I called and spoke to Diane on the phone..She said they are doing fine....I had met them and heard their music in the 70's at Life Tabernacle in Shreveport, La....And yes, I will download this string, print it out and mail it to them.

I must agree totally with everyone here...Their music stirred my soul, I have two of thier albums, The Hawiians and one other the title of which slips my mind......I will pull them out soon and replay, record, and create MP3's.......God gives us many gifts......Mark and Diane among the best..........Marvin

Merry Lewis
grandmamerry01@cox.net
Posted 4/21/07 at 3:04pm

Post a reply

The Hawaiians

The beautiful anointed voices of Mark and Diane have blessed me every time I have heard them through the years. I had the privilege of hearing them in person at a Billy Graham Crusade in Hampton, Va years ago. I too would like to join this "Fan Club" for their music to be republished on CD and/or DVD. What a blessing it would be to hear their voices once again.

Krista Steele
kristalsteele@yahoo.com
Posted 5/11/07 at 5:05pm

Post a reply

The Hawaiians

Yes, you could contact the Hawaiians who happen to be Mark and Diane Yasuhara in Aiea HI. You could find their address via Switchboard.com

Wayne Eastham
waynece@fastmail.fm
Posted 5/13/07 at 7:05pm

Post a reply

The Hawaiians

Ditto to all the above. I have only six albums which my wife bought before we were married. I first saw them in Mesa, AZ around 1970 while stationed at Williams AFB. Just listening to their music brings tears to my eyes and joy to my heart. They had a unique talent for combining contemporary, classical, country, and Hawaiian styles into their songs. After 20 some years of traveling and singing, they deserve a rest. But, please either re-release the albums on CD and/or downloadable files for purchase. With all the new contemporary music being sung and played in many churches, many of us need to hear the superb renditions that Mark and Diane provided that so lifted the spirit.

Don Woods
woodyatkona@comcast.net
Posted 5/15/07 at 8:05pm

Post a reply

The Hawaiians

I knew Diane Nishimoto and Mark Yasuhara before they were married. I taught a Sunday School class attended by Diane at First Assembly of God. When Mark came to Honolulu from Hilo, Hawaii, he studied voice at the University of Hawaii. He would sing solos at First Assembly of God as he was completing his voice training. You could see the progress that he was making in each solo occasion. After completing his studies in voice, he became a very accomplished soloist. He entered a national competition sponsered by the New York Metropolitan Opera. In that competition he placed 3rd. To have placed that high would mean that Mark became a very accomplished soloist and would have a highly trained voice. What is amazing to me is that Mark could easily move from a very operatic musical number to a melodic Hawaiian song using beautiful Hawaiian falsetto.

Diane has a voice for singing that is God-given. She has never had a voice lesson in her life. The beauty and clarity in her voice with wide vocal range is out of this world. She started her singing with a lady's trio at First Assembly. She met Mark and the rest is history.

Mark and Diane have gone through their range of struggles. It looks like they have survived. I pray that God will rejuvenate them through all of your interests. They still have a musical ministry according to the Bible. In Romans 11:29 it says -...for the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable. (NASB ©1995)

If your are in contact with Mark and Diane, please communicate my fond aloha to them and they are in my prayers.

William Peterson
bill1938@sbcglobal.net
Posted 5/17/07 at 11:05am

Post a reply

CD'S

I have 2 albums of the Hawaiian's. I e-mailed them and they said I could make cd's. They were not going to do that. If anyone has a cd would you please let me know. Bill.

Shirley Stabley
shirley2mike@yahoo.com
Posted 7/5/07 at 4:07pm

Post a reply

the Hawaiians

I was going thru albums ,came upon Hawaiians .
remember seeing them in the 1960 or 70's what beautiful voices & I could truly feel the presence of God in them. Sad to hear they no longer are singing.My husband & I listened with tears in our eyes.Hope & pray they are still serving the Lord
Found their book Aloha Forever,can't wait to read it again.Aloha Mark& Diane& God Bless.

Doris Nylander
doris@nextrictiy.com
Posted 7/11/07 at 8:07pm

Post a reply

The Hawaiians

I, too, am hoping the albums will be reissued in an easy to use format. I first heard the Hawaiians in about 1975. They were one of "the steps" the Lord used to bring me to salvation. I only have one record album, but would certainly like to purchase more recordngs. Please let me know when and how to get them. May all the messages posted be an encouragement to The Hawaiians to start on this project!

Mark Fallwell
nytexan08@yahoo.com
Posted 7/31/07 at 7:07pm

Post a reply

The Hawaiians

I so miss the wonderful music of this awesome Christain couple. I have been trying to find their music for years,One that really stands out is the song "How Big Is God" such a beautiful song if anyone has info on how to find this album please let me know. I love their sound !!!!!!!!!!!! thanks Mark

Alice Taylor
alice.taylor@shaw.ca
Posted 8/29/07 at 5:08pm

Post a reply

Mark and Diane's singing

Heavenly - Would love to be able to buy CD's. Please advise.

David Klint
dwklint@comcast.net
Posted 10/2/07 at 6:10pm

Post a reply

The Hawaiians

Add me to the chorus of people wanting a CD or MP3 of their great music from the 70's.

Janet Mays
jtmays5@gmail.com
Posted 10/8/07 at 11:10am

Post a reply

The Hawaiian's

I too was so blessed by their music ministry back in the 70's. At the time I was living on Maui. I think back on my time spent there and think of the impact that their songs made on my life and I wish that I could just pop in a CD of them right now. What a blessing it would be!!! Add me to the list of people wanting their music put in CD'S format.

Cathy
cjbdrb@sbcglobal.net
Posted 10/13/07 at 8:10am

Post a reply

The Hawaiians

The first name of the Yasuhara's are Mark and Diane

Susan Magario
CMAg1138@aol.com
Posted 11/5/07 at 8:11am

Post a reply

The Hawaiians

We picked up one of their albums in 1976 called "God Gave the Song". What incredible ranges! Our adult children still ask about the album and enjoy listening. The music is timeless with great arrangements.

Gordon Snyder
snyderg@asd20.org
Posted 11/5/07 at 10:11am

Post a reply

Music of The Hawaiians

Has any of Mark and Diane Yashuhara's music been put on CD? I had their LP album but no longer have a turntable...how the times change. But I would love to have their music again. There was none like it... and I never saw an artist perform like Mark who could in his commentary make me feel like he was speaking just to me as a friend! If it's not on CD could it please, please be put on CD. I'll be the first customer.

Gordon Snyder
snyderg@asd20.org
Posted 11/5/07 at 10:11am

Post a reply

Music of The Hawaiians

Has any of Mark and Diane Yashuhara's music been put on CD? I had their LP album but no longer have a turntable...how the times change. But I would love to have their music again. There was none like it... and I never saw an artist perform like Mark who could in his commentary make me feel like he was speaking just to me as a friend! If it's not on CD could it please, please be put on CD. I'll be the first customer.

Doug Schatz
dschatz@ucnsb.net
Posted 11/24/07 at 6:11pm

Post a reply

Mark & Diane Yasuhara

Currently have four 33-1/3 RPM LPs of Mark and Diane, but not a particular one that I'm looking for. Am trying to find an album, probably their first one, named, "the Hawaiians Sing" and copyrighted in 1972 by Lillenas Publishing Co. Kansas City, Missouri 64141. Have the music book with notes & words, but not the record.
Don't know where one might purchase their albums, but I do have four of their later albums on hand in good condition. Would like to have them made into CD's.
Am also missing a Christmas album they made.
Doug Schatz

Gary Giles
gary@wondabubba.com
Posted 12/14/07 at 2:12pm

Post a reply

Mark and Diane Yasuhara

I just recently spoke with Diane Yasuhara over the phone and she says that they don't have any more of their records and that the company that produced them own the masters. It appears that the cd's won't be along for some time...if ever. I wish I knew how to contact the folks who own their master copies...I would love to hear those amazing vocals once again in a cd format. I have loved them since the "70's and still sing "How Big Is God?" at special family gatherings. If anyone out there has more info about the record company that owns their vocal masters please contact me as I'd love to write them directly. I would love to hear "The Glory of His Presence" and "Down From His Glory" again...They're also not on YouTube...so if anyone has a clean copy and is logged in at YouTube...please, by all means upload the music you have of Mark and Diane Yasuhara and let this generation hear how amazing they truly were.

Gary Giles

Doug & Joan Schatz
dschatz@ucnsb.net
Posted 12/20/07 at 4:12am

Post a reply

The Hawaiians, Mark & Diane

Appreciate the post from Gary Giles on 12/14/07 regarding current where-a-bouts of Mark & Diane. I have 4 LPs: "Best of the Hawaiians", "God Gave the Song", "Hawaiians' Favorites", & "I'll Sing This Song For You". Am looking for a recording of a particular song my wife and I want to use, i.e., "The Saviour of The World Is Here." Any clues on how to get a homemade tape of it would be appreciated. Doug

Jeff Goss
svmjeff@valornet.com
Posted 12/26/07 at 8:12pm

Post a reply

music of the hawaiians

I have a copy of "The Savior of the World" from their album. I have 3 of their albums and on Christmas purchased a turntable that records their albums onto my computer. I can then copy them to CD or MP3 players. Hallelujah! I got goosebumps listening to their music after 20 years.
I would be happy to make a copy of that song for you on CD.

Les & Mar Hatcher
myrhatcher@yahoo.com
Posted 1/20/08 at 8:01pm

Post a reply

truly blessed in Ca. in 70's

Les was in USAF at Beale AFB, Ca. when we went to a Doug Oldham Concert & Mark & Diane were his guests. We
are still blessed by the memory of their beautiful annointed music! I had a casette tape & an LP but can't locate them...was so hoping to hear they had cds
We're in our 70's so we may have to wait 'til we are in glory to hear them again but I am praying somehow they will be prompted by Holy Spirit to revive their ministry here & now! "Behold I will do a new thing, says the Lord" Isa. 43:19

Karla A.
karlaarms@upontheharp.com
Posted 1/29/08 at 12:01pm

Post a reply

Ask the right Person!

Something is definitely going on here. An upcoming trip to Hawaii prompted my recollection of Mark and Diane. I was able to locate just one vinyl record, and the sight of it brought back a flood of memories. By all preceding testimony, their music has had an amazing impact. So here is what I suggest: many have gone to Mark and Diane, but has anyone gone to the Lord? This is a classic case of "you have not because you ask not!" Will He not equip His people? Let's ask HIM to move! Please join me!

Mark Geiser
Posted 1/30/08 at 9:01pm

Post a reply

The Hawaiians

If you go onto Ebay, under music, and type in "The Hawaiians" there are usually an album or two of theirs available.

Harold Hansen
Halruhansen@aol.com
Posted 2/1/08 at 3:02pm

Post a reply

Rich Blessings from your singing

Thank you for the many wonderful songs you have given to the world. Our hearts are blessed by your gifts of music. God Bless you in your years of retirement. We will always be thinking of you both (Mark & Diane) as we listen to your recordings.

Priscilla Diane
pdy_8@hotmail.com
Posted 2/5/08 at 12:02pm

Post a reply

Our Beloveds - Mark and Diane

My heart cherishes the proof in Mark and Diane's present life right now that all the Lord gave them in faith in Him, His beauty and Love within them, and their Divine talents has won over all the obstacles we Christians face in running the race to the finish, conquering the powers that would trash our Savior and our commitment to Him. They won. The Lord won. We are winning as we listen to their wonderful music. There is no better proof of their commitment to the Lord than their victorious lives now, and no better proof that our Savior reigns. They remain His, loving Him, serving Him, and blessing us through all they have done, all they have been through, and all that is to come.
God bless you, Mark and Diane. I'll see you in Heaven!

Priscilla Diane
pdy_8@hotmail.com
Posted 2/6/08 at 7:02am

Post a reply

A record available on EBay NOW

In EBay Stores is "Hawaiians" by the Hawaiians, with He turned the water into wine;
Ho, Everyone that is thirsty;
No name has meant so much to me
There's Something about that name
Love theme (From "Spirit of '76')
The Savior of the World
Lore, We praise You
There is Someone
Eternal Live
In the Garden

and I already have two of these particular ones, so am not buying it myself. If you want to transfer your records to CDs, Best In Home offers Crosley CR249 USB Turntable that works great -- I am doing all mine now. GOD BLESS YOU !!!

Priscilla Diane
pdy_8@hotmail.com
Posted 2/6/08 at 10:02am

Post a reply

Mark & Diane's Book

Their book, "Aloha . . . Forever", from 1977, 140 pages, is available at Amazon.com for $190. I just bought a brand new copy for $5 at half.ebay.com
Go for it -- they have other copies available. God bless you who love Mark & Diane, and THANK YOU FOR THE INTERNET !!!

Robert S. Steele
rsamuel1255@comcast.net
Posted 2/9/08 at 3:02pm

Post a reply

Mark & Diane Yasuhara

I have 2 albums that I have been listening to by the "Hawaiins" now for 30 years. I still cry when I listen to their music. It is so anointed. I must truly say that I have never heard anyone sing like they do. The power in their voices is just amazing. They hit each and every note with perfect clarity. I too will buy each and every CD when they become avail-
able. I will also buy copies for my family and friends. May God Bless their ministry!!!

Jim Fowke
jfowke@juno.com
Posted 2/17/08 at 6:02pm

Post a reply

The Hawaiins

In the mid to late 70's we had Mark & Diane for several concerts in N. Augusta, SC/Augusta, GA and Columbia, SC. Regretfully, contact with them has been lost.
Have some of their records and audio tape recordings of their local concerts.
Would like to learn of their current whereabout,ministry, and family. One one occasion they brought along their two young daughters.
Mark & Diane's voices are heavenly. We love them.

Frank Gesswein
frankgesswein@hotmail.com
Posted 3/22/08 at 3:03pm

Post a reply

The Hawaiins

My family and I attended a concert in Tacoma Washington at FUlton Buntains' church The Christian LIfe Center and the Hawaiins in the 1970s blessed us with thier music then. I just came on this site to see if I could get the musice for "He Turned the Water Into Wine". But another song I loved was "Lord Make Me An Instrument". I'm glad to know they are stil around and of course still have so many fans that Love the Lord.

Later.

D. Hollandsworth
daverh1@cox.net
Posted 3/26/08 at 12:03pm

Post a reply

Hawaiians music on CD

I posted a message here a few years ago and have finally have gathered (with a little help) 13 albums by the Hawaiians and transferred them all to CD or MP3. If you are interested in copies, email me for cost info. They include:
1 BEYOND THE SKY (early solo album by Mark)
2 SONGS OF PRAISES
3 THE HAWAIIANS (1973)
4 THE GLORY OF HIS PRESENCE
5 FOREVER ALOHA (1975)
6 GOD GAVE THE SONG (1976)
7 I'LL SING THIS SONG FOR YOU (1977)
8 FAVORITES
9 CHRISTMAS ALOHA
10 IN CONCERT - LIVE IN WAIKIKI
11 BEST OF (1979)
12 CALLED TO WORSHIP (1987)
13 SIMPLY MARK & DIANE (1994) (their last recording)

Mike Knibbs
mknibbs@sssnet.com
Posted 5/1/08 at 12:05am

Post a reply

It's so great to find this site! I met them a few times at a church they were attending in Southern Cal. Then again after a concert they sang in Canton Ohio. He was trying to work it to come and share at my church (I'm a pastor), but we had a snow storm, and his schedule got messed up. But he always was so caring, and the singing, WOW. Especially "Down from His Glory". Would love to get a copy of that one!! I've done several searches over the years, glad for this site!!
Thanks,
M. Knibbs, Massillon, Ohio

Sonja Lokna
lokna@yahoo.com
Posted 7/3/08 at 3:07pm

Post a reply

The Hawaiians

Hello,
Thank you for posting you project on the internet. It appears you have lots of interest for the CDs. I would like to order the CD s as follows: The first one and the last one on your list, assuming the price is affordable. Please let me know how much that will be. I would like to order more when I know. Thanks, Sonja

David Wiggs
pdwiggs@msn.com
Posted 7/17/08 at 9:07pm

Post a reply

The Hawaiians

Mark and Diane Yasuhara now operate a wedding ministry on Oahu. Their e-mail address is alohaforeverhawaiiweddings.com.

Their recording of "Down From His Glory" is one of the best ever recordsd.

Ed
ed@kennedyrecordings.com
Posted 8/24/08 at 2:08pm

Post a reply

The Hawaiians

I have several of their records, but I am interested in their CDs.
What is your cost?

Phyllis
Posted 9/3/08 at 3:09pm

Post a reply

Mark & Diane Yasuhara will always be The Hawaiians

I had the privilege of knowing the Yasuharas many years ago in Wenatchee, WA. I sometimes kept their daughters when they traveled. What an awesome, awesome family. I will always treasure my memories of the times of fun and fellowship we had. I'm too am blessed to have several of their albums and am truly blessed to have been in musical productions under Mark's direction. (He is a genius of a director!) My only regret is that personal video cameras weren't around yet, so we don't have the
concerts or the opera on film. What an experience though.

Love You, Mark and Diane!!

Priscilla Yamada
pdy_8@hotmail.com
Posted 9/16/08 at 10:09am

Post a reply

The Hawaiians CDs

Folks, I just received CDs of The Hawaiians from David Hollingsworth, who posted a message above. THEY ARE BRILLIANTLY DONE, and I recommend this gentleman highly.
I know of no other duo in my very long lifetime who has so beautifully blessed us with angelic music -- and as I am one of those who actually died, went to heaven, heard that music and was forced by the will of the Lord to return, can only say that The Hawaiian's music is the most similar to that angelic choir that greeted me as I approached, carried by the Holy Spirit to my Lord. I can also promise you that having the Holy Spirit of God within you means that the moment your physical body dies, it is like a magnet that immediately draws your spirit through the firmament to your Lord. I looked back and saw my dead body as I left it and was so happy to be drawn to that heavenly music.
The Yasuharas' music is the closest to the angelic choir I have ever heard on earth. And yes, I see why the Lord had me return to earth -- much of His work to do here, but a smile always comes when I realize to what I am headed.

Valerie
remajubar@aol.com
Posted 9/17/08 at 12:09am

Post a reply

The Hawaiians music

I feel so blessed to have found this websight. I have been looking for their recordings and music for decades! I love to sing and have been trying to find the music to a song that Mark and Diane recorded in 1987. The song title is You Are There (Psalm 139) and it was on their tape entitled Called To Worship. I would really love to know if anyone knows how to get a copy. Thanks

Tom Bagwell
rtb53@comcast.net
Posted 9/17/08 at 10:09pm

Post a reply

Album Listings

Do you have anything showing the cuts on the various albums? I will definitely be a customer.

Lori Davis
dwilodavis@yahoo.com
Posted 11/5/08 at 1:11am

Post a reply

Copy of Down from His Glory

I see that you have some of their albums on cd and am interested in getting the one with Down from His Glory on it for my mother for CHRISTmas this year. Can you help me with this?

Thank you.

I. Biggans
IHBiggans@aol.com
Posted 12/1/08 at 10:12pm

Post a reply

Hawaiians CD's

I would like to purchase CD's of the Hawaiians. I tried to send an e-mail to daverhl@cox.net but it came back as undeliverable. Is there another e-mail address where I can order CD's?

R.L.
Posted 12/6/08 at 6:12am

Post a reply

The Hawaiians

Their names are Mark and Diane Yasuhara...I too loved their music as a child in the 70s, and have managed to find some out of production LPs. Good luck on your search. The Hawaiians now have a wedding business in HI and can be reached at alohaforeverweddings@yahoo.com

Jim Peretic
mmqten@yahoo.com
Posted 12/9/08 at 3:12am

Post a reply

Called to Worship lyrics

If anyone can help me, I'd greatly appreciate it. I am seeking the lyrics to the first verse of 'Called to Worship.' I don't know them from the very beginning up to the words- "into the sanctuary of Your Grace....bathed in Your Glory, we stand as one..."(I know the rest). It's that first line I need. Again, if anyone knows the first few words of the song, I'd be so thankful to have them. God bless, Jim.

Dave H
daverh1@cox.net
Posted 12/12/08 at 6:12pm

Post a reply

The Hawaiians hear their music again!

Hey all. I recently sent Mark & Diane CD copies of all 13 of their albums. They were thrilled! Mark hadn't heard his early solo album, Beyond the Sky, in decades. They sent me a box of nuts and coffee in appreciation all the way from Hawaii. They are glad to hear that I am able to offer their music to folks and have no interest in doing this themselves. I recently wrote up a page of the songs on each of their 13 albums and will try to post it here this weekend. Many folks are looking for a particular song but don't know which album it's on. Several of their songs are on more than one album, too. God bless!

Dave Hollandsworth
daverh1@cox.net
Posted 12/12/08 at 6:12pm

Post a reply

Called to Worship lyrics...

Jim, regarding the Called to Worship lyrics... have you tried emailed Mark & Diane? They might remember. They were amazed I was able to find a copy of it. Apparently it was only released on cassette and not to many copies were made. - Dave

Dave Hollandsworth
daverh1@cox.net
Posted 12/12/08 at 11:12pm

Post a reply

The Hawaiians Discography/Songlist

Here is the complete list. Hope it helps.

THE HAWAIIANS ALBUMS SONG LISTS

BEYOND THE SKY (1968) (EARLY SOLO ALBUM BY MARK YASUHARA)
DOWN FROM HIS GLORY, BEYOND THE SKY, THERE JESUS CAME, THERE'S NO DISAPPOINTMENT IN JESUS, HIS EYE IS ON THE SPARROW, HERE'S ONE, JESU NO KE KAHU HIP, ALL LONG MY HEART KEEPS SINGING, GREAT IS THY FAITHFULNESS, ALOHA HE'S COMING SOON

THE GLORY OF HIS PRESENCE: (197?)
THE GLORY OF HIS PRESENCE, I SURE DO LOVE THE LORD, I'M FREE AT LAST, REACH OUT TO JESUS, SWEET SWEET SPIRIT, HOLY HOLY HOLY, TAKE MY LIFE, DOWN FROM HIS GLORY, OH MY SOUL BLESS THOU JEHOVAH, I WALKED TODAY WHERE JESUS WALKED

SONGS OF PRAISES: (197?)
HE SIGNED THE DEED, I'VE FOUND A FRIEND, AMAZING GRACE, HIS NAME IS JESUS, THE HOLY CITY, SONGS OF PRAISES, HOW BIG IS GOD, THERE IS SOMEONE, WHAT THE WORLD NEEDS NOW/GOD BLESS AMERICA, I HAVE CHRIST, BLESSED SAVIOUR

FAVORITES: (1972)
SWEET SWEET SPIRIT, I SURE DO LOVE THE LORD, IV'VE FOUND A FRIEND, SONGS OF PRAISES, HOW BIG IS GOD, DOWN FROM HIS GLORY, I HAVE CHRIST IN MY HEART, SAVIOR LIKE A SHEPHERD LEAD US, THE GLORY OF HIS PRESENCE, HIS NAME IS JESUS, ALOHA HE'S COMING SOON

THE HAWAIIANS: (1973)
THERE IS SOMEONE, THE SAVIOR OF THE WORLD, HE TURNED THE WATER INTO WINE, ETERNAL LIFE, NO NAME HAS MEANT SO MUCH/THERE'S SOMETHING ABOUT THAT NAME, LOVE THEME FROM SPIRIT OF '76, HOLY GLORY, IN THE GARDEN, HO EVERYONE THAT IS THIRSTY, LORD WE PRAISE YOU

FOREVER ALOHA: (1975)
HAWAIIAN WEDDING SONG, HERE WITH YOU IN HAWAII, WAIKAPU, E MALIU MAI, TO YOU SWEET HEART ALOHA/FAREWELL FOR JUST A WHILE, BEAUTIFUL KAHANA, RETURN TO PARADISE, LOVE SONG TO MY KING, BEYOND THE SKY/BEYOND THE SUNSET, BLESSED SAVIOR

CHRISTMAS ALOHA: (1975)
MELE KALIKIMAKA, JESU BAMBINO, GLORIA, BELLS MEDLEY, MEDLEY OF THE MANGER, SOME CHILDREN STILL SEE HIM, THIS LITTLE CHILD, O HOLY NIGHT, SILENT NIGHT

GOD GAVE THE SONG: (1976)
BRING BACK THE SPRINGTIME, OUR GREAT SAVIOR, O LOVE THAT WILL NOT LET ME GO, GOD GAVE THE SONG, FREEDOM PRAYER, HAWAII ALOHA/GOD BLESS AMERICA, MY SAVIOR'S LOVE, CREATURE PRAISE, HEALER OF BROKEN HEARTS, WONDERFUL PEACE

I'LL SING THIS SONG FOR YOU: (1977)
WALKIN' IN THE LIGHT OF HIS LOVE, I'LL SING THIS SONG FOR YOU, ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD, GIVE THEM ALL TO JESUS, THROUGH IT ALL, LOOKIN' ALL AROUND, TOUCH MY FRIEND LORD JESUS, IT MATTERS TO HIM, MY GOD AND I, FRIEND OF THE FATHER

IN CONCERT-LIVE IN WAIKIKI: (1978)
LEI ALOHA, BLESS THAT WONDERFUL NAME, JESUS SIGNED MY PARDON/SOMETHING BEAUTIFUL, LET'S JUST PRAISE THE LORD/HOW GREAT THOU ART, I'LL BE A FRIEND, WONDERFUL GUEST, I WANNA BE READY, MY HOME SWEET HOME/HOME WHERE I BELONG, CLOSING PRAYER

BEST OF: (1979)
ALOHA/HE'S COMING SOON, THERE IS SOMEONE, HO EVERYONE THAT IS THIRSTY, SAVIOR LIKE A SHEPHERD LEAD US, DOWN FROM HIS GLORY, HOW BIG IS GOD, LORD WE PRAISE YOU, ETERNAL LIFE, A NAME I HIGHLY TREASURE/SOMETHING ABOUT THAT NAME, HAWAIIAN WEDDING SONG

CALLED TO WORSHIP: (1987) (THEIR LAST OFFICIAL RECORDING)
CALLED TO WORSHIP, GOD OF GRACE AND GOD OF GLORY, MY SOUL DOTH MAGNIFY THE LORD, SING A NEW SONG, WHEN HIS KINGDOM COMES, MIRACLE FOR YOU, ONLY CHILDREN, LIVING IN THE POWER OF MY WEAKNESSES, YOU ARE THERE, SEE I WILL NOT FORGET YOU

SIMPLY MARK & DIANE: (1994) (CUSTOM W/PIANO ONLY)
HOW GREAT THOU ART, O LOVE THAT WILL NOT LET ME GO, MY GOD AND I, WHEN HE SHALL COME, THE HOLY CITY, SAVIOR OF THE WORLD, TAKE MY LIFE AND LET IT BE, ALL THE WAY MY SAVIOR LEADS, I WALKED TODAY WHERE JESUS WALKED, PEACE PEACE

Madelaine
Posted 12/17/08 at 11:12am

Post a reply

song books

I was searching the web for music by the Hawaiians and found this board. I used to have the song book (solo voice with piano accompaniment)to the "Hawaiians" LP. I still have the LP, but,sadly, the music book was lost. I would love to sing some of the pieces at church. Does anyone have or know how to obtain a copy this book?

Rob
Posted 12/17/08 at 1:12pm

Post a reply

Mark and Diane - Two Memories

Fantastic voices! I recall a Christmas concert in Fargo, ND, when Mark stepped away from the microphone and sang unaccompanied a tenor aria from Handel's Messiah ... unforgettable. My second memory was of a summer concert in the chapel at Wheaton College, when Mark shared his burden with us that they had become trapped by success and could no longer sing in small churches, etc., because of the need to support themselves and a staff. What happened?

Dave Hollandsworth
daverh1@cox.net
Posted 12/19/08 at 6:12pm

Post a reply

The Hawaiians discography / album covers

I get asked a lot about which songs were on which albums so I created this page. :)

http://one-way.org/jesusmusic/hawaiians.htm

sonny boline
sonrose2001@cox.net
Posted 12/30/08 at 9:12am

Post a reply

song titled "Mandy"

Anyone know where I can find a song by the Hawaiians called "Mandy"? Lyrics are "Mandy my child you're a gift fron the Lord. How we love and cherish you. You will grow to thank Him too. For He gave you to us and us to you"

Bennie C. Faul
Posted 1/2/09 at 2:01pm

Post a reply

The Hawaiians

Many years ago we heard The Hawaiians in concert which we immensely enjoyed. We were particularly taken by the song "Down From His Glory" but have lost our recording. Where can we obtain a recording (either CD or LP) of "Down From His Glory" by Mark & Diane Yasuhara?

Dave Hollandsworth
daverh1@cox.net
Posted 2/19/09 at 2:02pm

Post a reply

Link to Hawaiians discography

Put this together recently:

http://www.one-way.org/jesusmusic/hawaiians.htm

Morgan
morganwonderly@yahoo.com
Posted 3/7/09 at 3:03pm

Post a reply

What Happened to the Piano Accompanist Kevin Chambers?

Juanita, I was engaged to Kevin Chambers back in 1979. We never got married but stayed friends. I lost touch with him and would like to reconnect too. Have you found out where he is?

Priscilla Diane
pdy_8@hotmail.com
Posted 4/24/09 at 12:04pm

Post a reply

The Album Called to Worship

Valerie, I do have the album Called to Worship, and have made a CD from it. Interesting, I am listening to it right now. If you wish to send me a CD, please write.

Priscilla Diane
pdy_8@hotmail.com
Posted 4/24/09 at 12:04pm

Post a reply

Called to Worship

Hi, Jim, as I have the record and the CD, I do have this. Please write if you want anything.

Chris Eng
taichichris@hotmail.com
Posted 8/22/09 at 10:08pm

Post a reply

Mark's Ministry at First Assembly of God in the 60's

As an ordainted minister of 30 years, I can still recall Mark's incredible voice. As I worked on this week's sermon, "The Joy of Worship" from Psalm 84, I was reminded of his singing of "His Eye Is On the Sparrow." Here it is 2009 and Mark and Diane's ministry still touches me deeply.

Chris Eng, Sr. Pastor,
Waiokeola Congregational Church, United Church of Christ (across Kahala Mall)

Sherry MacDowell
smacdowell@sscc.edu
Posted 9/16/09 at 1:09pm

Post a reply

REQUESTING MUSIC BY THE HAWAIIANS

I saw your message that you were reproducing some of The Hawaiians' music. If so, would you please return email me with details.

Thank you,
Sherry MacDowell

Mary Blum
mlblum@comcast.net
Posted 9/30/09 at 2:09pm

Post a reply

REQUESTING MUSIC BY THE HAWAIIANS

I am also interested in getting music by the Hawaiians. If anyone has information please email me.

Thank you
Mary

Sonya McKinney Yonemoto Redd
soredd@hotmail.com
Posted 10/25/09 at 5:10pm

Post a reply

The Hawaiians

Sweet Jesus! I've finally found info about The Hawaiians! I do sacred prayer dancing in the style of interpretive hula to contemporary Christian music and Diane and Mark's spectacular and awesome voices thrill and exalt one's worship to God to a newer and refreshing level of private intimacy and worshipful obedience, all the while one's heart does jubilant "leap-frogs" from your chest because you're cheering and clapping and gasping at their brilliance and the pure radiance of God touching your entire being! Wowie! I am so very glad to have come across this site. I do plan to order their music (my tapes are so used), but am prohibited due to unemployment. Thanks for posting a "fan club" for them. God richly bless you, one and all.

John Matoney
jwmatoney@yahoo.com
Posted 10/30/09 at 10:10pm

Post a reply

Music by the Hawaiians

Is it possible to obtain cds, cassette, or albums by the Hawaiians.

Thank you,
John

Robert Edington
rwedington@hotmail.com
Posted 11/1/09 at 1:11am

Post a reply

I FOUND MUSIC BY THE HAWAIIANS

I found this site that remasters LP albums of Christian Singers. You find Mark and Diane Yasuhara (The Hawaiians) there.
http://www.goingdigitalmusic.com/ccm.htm

Dave Hollandsworth
daverh1@cox.net
Posted 12/7/09 at 9:12pm

Post a reply

Hawaiians music here

http://www.one-way.org/jesusmusic/hawaiians.htm

I have all their albums converted to CD or MP3 and have Mark and Diane's blessing to sell it. And a proceed of all sales goes back to Mark and Diane. Contact me for info.

David Wiggs
pdwiggs@msn,.com
Posted 12/23/09 at 1:12am

Post a reply

More Hawaiians music

I recently saw Dave Hollandsworth's message that he has 13 Hawaiians albums and will make them available for MP3 download at a very reasonable price. I just received the seven albums I didn't already have and the quality is excellent. More thrills and blessings from their marvelous ministry of music.

Kathy weddle
Keyboard77@comcast.net
Posted 12/28/09 at 5:12am

Post a reply

Mark and Diane

If you have their music on CD or mp3, we need to talk! Contact me, please!

Priscilla Yamada
pdy_8@hotmail.com
Posted 1/20/10 at 3:01pm

Post a reply

Fantastic CDs from Dave of Mark and Diane

I converted my records to CDs, but after buying those I did not have from Dave Hollandsworth and finding them to be of professional value, ordered his to replace those I did myself. HIS ARE FANTASTIC, and so worth every penny. Besides, as Mark and Diane approved his making the copies and selling them, he is the only one I'd buy from. He also sends royalties to them, which is the Christian way to do business. Definitely go to Dave for your CDs. God bless him, and keep on blessing Mark and Diane.

Aurdey Strobel
audreystrobel@hotmail.com
Posted 2/5/10 at 9:02am

Post a reply

Down From His Glory~ the Hawaiians,Mark and Diana Yasuhara

"Down From His Glory" I heard them sing in person in the 70's in Rochester New York. That song still haunts and blesses me. I even enjoy others singing it on My Space or such sites. I hope in 2010 they are still well and happy in Hawaii as they were at least in recent years. IF INDEED THEY NOW HAVE THEIR SONGS ON C D I will surely buy at least the one with my favorite worship song on it. It took peristance to find this contact!

pdy_8@hotmail.com
lmspence0966@yahoo.com
Posted 4/9/10 at 1:04am

Post a reply

CD's of The Hawaiians

If I don't hear from Dave, would you make copies of two albums for me and I will pay you.
The Best Of
and The Hawaiians.
Thank You,
Marlene

timothy fenwick
montuwed@gmail.com
Posted 4/17/10 at 4:04am

Post a reply

hawaiians

I found an album (vinyl)of their first recordings of 1973 on amazon. I would like to petiton them to release their music for distribution. When one hears such glorious music there would be no price too great. Food for the soul!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jim
madale@aol.com
Posted 5/25/10 at 8:05am

Post a reply

Mark & Diane

I have been looking for a cassette by the Hawiians on which they sang "Through It All" In the 1980s I had this cassette but I have since lost it. I hope I can find it. I think it might have been titled Praise and Worship

Sonya Redd
soredd@hotmail.com
Posted 6/19/10 at 10:06pm

Post a reply

price list of The Hawaiians CDs

Hi Dave, I saw your posting of The Hawaiians and all their music you've converted from albums to CDs and I would like to purchase them from you since you seem to be their reputable source. I am in the sacred dance prayer ministry and my tapes are so worn out that replacements are necessary. Do the CDs come with the lyrics as well, (I sure could use them as I need them for full interpretation at times for clarification)? Also is there a discount when purchasing all of the albums/CDs? (I need to ask because both my husband and I are on unemployment, but I have been called back into my ministry). Thank you for your thoughtfulness and kindness and consideration to all of us who so love their music. I am so grateful. With God's Love and Aloha, Sony Redd

Shirley Morgan
slimfeather@verizon.net
Posted 6/21/10 at 9:06am

Post a reply

The Hawaiians- Mark & Diane Yasuhara albums

I am a long time lover of these singers. I would like cd's of their music. Heard you were able to get some. Please advise Especially interested in songs, Blessed Savior,He's coming soon. Please give prices. Thank you

Elwood Jones
thirdemt@sympatico.ca
Posted 8/2/10 at 1:08pm

Post a reply

Hawaiians

I wrote to you about a year ago. Did not receive reply. Please contact me. I want to purchase the music of Hawaiians
E.J.

Dave Hollandsworth
davhol@one-way.org
Posted 8/2/10 at 1:08pm

Post a reply

Hawaiians music on CD

For those interested, please email me for details. Thanks.

Arlene Schaefer
deputybomba@yahoo.com
Posted 8/16/10 at 4:08pm

Post a reply

Hawaiians music

What a blessing this site is...
heard the HAWAIIANS ON tbn MANY YEARS AGO WHILE LIVING IN Phoenix,AZ
Down from HIS Glory still plays in my head....

I wouild be interested in purchasing cds' as well as these others...
God bless all...

Robert Headland
hrheadland@yahoo.com
Posted 8/22/10 at 9:08pm

Post a reply

Hawaiians

I fondly remember watching the Hawaiians' TV ministry back in the 70's. It certainly would be a blessing to so many if their show(s) were available on DVD.
My favorite album is "I'll Sing My Song for You" issued by Word Records in 1977. Every track is annointed; it's so hard to pick out just one favorite: "Through It All", "Lookin' All Around"...Mark was particularly wonderful on "Touch My Friend, Lord Jesus". I own the album in audio-cassette format, & play the tape often.

Mitzi Smith
mitzismith@hotmail.com
Posted 10/25/10 at 11:10pm

Post a reply

The Hawaiians - Mark and Diane Yasuhara

I live in PERTH, WESTERN AUSTRALIA, and am hoping to obtain copies, (CD's are best for me) of Mark and Diane's music. In particular I am looking for their album SIMPLY MARK AND DIANE that appears on
http://www.one-way.org/jesusmusic/hawaiians.htm.

I have sent 2 emails to Dave Hollandsworth
so I look forward to a reply.

Jim Peretic
jimwithmmq@yahoo.com
Posted 11/6/10 at 4:11am

Post a reply

Words to "See, I Will Not Forget You!'

Priscilla, I'm hoping you can get me the lyrics to the song, 'See, I Will Not Forget You!' that was on the Called to Worship project. I can't quite make them all out, and I want to share the song with my pastor as I'm sure it will minitser greatly to him and his wife. I'd greatly appreciate any help. My email is included. Thanks and God bless, Jim

Gayle Eichelberger
ggeich@gmail.com
Posted 11/27/10 at 12:11pm

Post a reply

Mark and Diane

I am with you and how I love them!!! I have been to at least 6-7 concerts of theirs the last one in Shrewsberry, PA. They had their two daughters and they sang too. They were about 6 & 8 years of age. Oh what voices. This was at least 18 years ago or longer. I would love to find them. I have several (probably almost all of their albums. I now have a player that converts vinyl and tapes to CD's. I plant to start converting them in a few months. I am now listening to their music. Let me know if you ever find them It is like they have dropped out of sight. Perhaps they want it that way.They must be in their late 50's early 60's. Thanks, God Bless, Gayle

Christine Yasuhara
babyasu@yahoo.com
Posted 12/21/10 at 8:12pm

Post a reply

Mark & Diane...alive and very well!

Wow! I am at loss for words to properly describe how I feel about discovering this thread and reading all of your beautiful comments. A friend of mine came a across this site and I just had to check it out. I am Christine, the younger daughter of Mark and Diane. I currently reside on the Big Island on the Hilo side, which is where my dad was born and raised. My mom & dad, as well as my sister, DeAnna, all live on Oahu. I will be with them over the holidays and can't wait to share this with them. Thank you for your comments, they blessed my heart and I can't wait to share that blessing with them.

The information that has been given throughout is correct. They do live in Aiea on the island of Oahu and they do have most of their albums on CD that they can mail to you. They are great. I listened to them recently and it brought me back to wonderful memories of an unforgettable time in our lives. So if you have old albums or cassettes that you have been saving but not able to listen to, you will definitely want to replace them with the CDs.

To answer the question as to why they no longer do concerts- put simply, they have "retired". Their ministry called for them to travel full time for 20 years, and while they lived abundantly, completely fulfilled doing what they loved, they always had the longing to someday return to their "homeland". They had always wanted to raise their family in Hawaii but their ministry kept us on the mainland away from our grandparents, aunties, uncles, & cousins. They knew that moving back to Hawaii meant retiring from their ministry as it was. In the late 80’s my sister and I were graduating from high school and my parents began to reevaluate their calling. Their parents were aging so that, among other factors, led them to make the decision to hang up their microphones. About a year after moving back, my mom’s father passed away...it was clear that they had made the right decision at the right time.

They have continued to use their gifts in many ways. They both were active with Hawaii Opera Theater and Theater for Youth at one time, my dad has been director of several choir's including The Honolulu Boy's Choir, a couple of community choirs and currently Gleeman Plus, among others. Their full time jobs are officiating and singing for weddings. They do this for Japanese weddings (a big market here in Hawaii for newly married couples from Japan wanting a “western” wedding) and they have their own wedding business catering to mainland visitors. My dad loves to minister to these couples in his own small but significant way and of course they get to sing.

As for the question about what church they attend- there's no other way to put it other than that they have sort of "out grown" church. For those of you who may find yourself on a similar path, you would understand. For the rest, I encourage you to accept that they are right where God wants them...and that's the truth.

I hope this answers some of your questions. Please feel free to contact them at either their toll free number 1-866-488-2049 or e-mail them at alohaforeverhawaiiweddings@yahoo.com
Ask them to send you their CDs, it's the only way you can get them.

Thank you, again, for all of your wonderful comments. I hope this blesses you as much as you have blessed us. Mele Kalikimaka e Hau’oli Makahiki Hou! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Christine Yasuhara

Christine Yasuhara
babyasu@yahoo.com
Posted 12/21/10 at 9:12pm

Post a reply

Mark & Diane's CDs

Oops! I made a mistake. If you want their CDs please contact Dave Hollandsworth at davhol@one-way.org or daverh1@cox.net I apologize.

JIm Peretic
jimwithmmq@yahoo.com
Posted 1/10/11 at 8:01pm

Post a reply

Extremely grateful for contact info

Christine, I just want to deply thank you for giving the contact info for your parents. I have desired for many years to re-record one of their songs which I consider my favorite of all, Called to Worship. A friend of mine in the music business here in Nashville, TN wants to help with that, and he told me I needed to find out the writer and publisher of the song so we can obtain permission to do it. Again, thank you so much for giving me a true answer to prayer. I will send your parents an email requesting this information, but if you are in touch with them and could ask for it, I'd be happy to get it from you via email. Thnaks again, and God bless. Jim

BILLY SANDERS
bsandbill2@att.net
Posted 1/20/11 at 5:01pm

Post a reply

Tony Fontane's "His Eye is on the Sparrow"

Where can I find a CD or DVD featuring
Tony Fontane singing 'His Eye Is on The Sparrow. I heard him sing it many years ago.

Dave Hollandsworth
davhol@one-way.org
Posted 1/25/11 at 6:01pm

Post a reply

CDs

Thanks for the update Christine. It's been a blessing to help get your parent's music out there again on CD.

I have a discography page here:
http://one-way.org/jesusmusic/hawaiians.htm

Just shoot me and email me about CDs. I also have their music in MP3 format. And I also give a portion of the sales back to Mark & Diane. God bless!

required
nancychristianeagle@rocketmail.com
Posted 1/30/11 at 12:01pm

Post a reply

Group: Hawaiians - Song "How Big Is God"

WOW - Thanks for the info - passing it on:
CurrentBusiness: www.alohaforeverhawaiiweddings.com/hawaiian-wedding-music.htm

"How Big Is God" was sung by: Mark & Diane Yasuhara and one could purchase their old album from here a guy named Adam reported:
Here are a couple of their albums on eBay now:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=306&item=4739172999
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=306&item=4739173019
I have purchased from this seller, and he has excellent service.

Heard they sometimes have old record players at the "Good Will Stores" :)

MAYBE THEY WILL SEE THIS AND SINCE SO MANY PEOPLE ARE FROM THEIR DAY :) AND LOVE THEM THEY WILL REPRINT IT ON A CD AND MAKE SOME MONEY FROM US :) MARANATHA!
HOPEFULLY WE WILL ALL SING IT TOGETHER TO THE KING IN HEAVEN :)

lee harrison
leesselec@yahoo.com
Posted 2/2/11 at 6:02pm

Post a reply

hawaiians

hi ,i'm very interested in the hawaiians songs on cd's god gave the song , and the hawaiians favorite cd. could you please give me a price if you are still in business making cd's thank you if you can or can't L. Harrison

David Hall
david@across2u.com
Posted 2/6/11 at 1:02am

Post a reply

M&DY

Good response Don. Blessings
Yes, I've know Mark & Diane since the mid '60's.
For a season Mark led the Teen Challenge Hawaii Choir.
As stated by many here, their voices were/are fabulous.

Jill Peetz
jnjill@qwestoffice.net
Posted 2/11/11 at 3:02pm

Post a reply

Hawaiians CDs

I would love the Hawaiians CDs - do you have a website or list of one's available. Any information would be great thank you!

SundayForever
wangxs0325@gmail.com
Posted 2/22/11 at 9:02pm

Post a reply

hi ,i'm very interested in the hawaiians songs on cd's god gave the song , and the hawaiians favorite cd. could you please give me a price if you are still in business making cd's thank you if you can or can't L. Harrison

[url=http://www.storeingame.com/gold/Maple-Story-US-gold.html]Buy Maple Story US Mesos[/url]
[url=http://www.storeingame.com/gold/Maple-Story-US-gold.html]Maple Story US Mesos[/url]
[url=http://www.storeingame.com/gold/Maple-Story-US-gold.html]MapleStory US Mesos[/url]

Clyde Wells
clydewells@gmail.com
Posted 4/21/11 at 8:04pm

Post a reply

Mark & Diane

Back in the mid 70s I worked in the sound control room at Open Bible Church in Loves Park ,IL. I met them and ran the tapes for these great singers. Today I was listening to some old tapes I have of old records I recorded before I got rid of them. What a blessing to hear them again. I really liked "His Name Is Jesus". My church now has only rocky type (or contemporary as they call it. They have done away with a choir entirely. Where did all these great artist dissapear too? Dallas Holmes,Don Francisco,Anne Herring,Steve Green,Evie,Ray Boltz,Micheal Card and so many more. The church is the loser for forgetting these great singers and thier music.

F. M. Kaina Yasuhara
alohakaina@yahoo.com
Posted 4/26/11 at 7:04pm

Post a reply

Mark & Diane "The Hawaiians"

Aloha Kākou (Hello to all of you),
I am "Kaina", aka "Fred" - Mark & Diane's oldest child, adopted in Honolulu back in 1969. In the early 70's I was part of the small group who designed and constructed the business and non-profit organisation called "The Hawaiians, Inc.".
For years I lived in the Central Midwest Region (Kansas & Missouri), living with and raising my own family.
I am now permanently residing in Hawaii, and am about to effect a Renaissance of Christian/Hawaiian music by Mark & Diane. As they have always only ministered and sang based on "Love Offerings", this is again how the Lord is moving me to bring them back out in to the ministry to share their beautiful sounds of "Mele Aloha 'o ke Akua" (Love music of God). Any of you interested in helping me with this project, please email me at: alohakaina@yahoo.com.
I have had many deep and encouraging conversations with my parents and have been assured that they will make a comeback if I were to handle all the business management for them. While they are able to still sing Angelically Beautiful, and I am able to devote my heart & time to their ministry.
I'm anxious to receive responses and see if and when this will become reality.
Mahalo Nui Loa (thank you very much),
Ke Akua Pu (God Bless You)
Kaina
F.M. Kaina Yasuhara

Richard A, Miller
rmgmgeam@hotmail.com
Posted 5/13/11 at 3:05am

Post a reply

Hawaiians

I do have some of their recordings. Would love to share with those interested.
rmgmgeam@hotmail.come.

Paulette Best
bestweb@sbcglobal.net
Posted 5/14/11 at 5:05pm

Post a reply

Another Fan

I just came across this post. I was born in Honolulu in 1960 and moved to the mainland in 1963. While preparing for a family luau in a couple of weeks, I came across a treasure - The Hawaiians Songs of Praises (I'm listening to it as I type this). I remember them coming to our church in Hayward, California when I was probably about 10-11. Their music was so beautiful and it made such an impression, that to this day I could still recall the tight harmonies and ukelele in "There is Someone".

Kaina, I will email you although I don't honestly know what I could do to help. This list shows what a blessing your parents have been to so many.

Ke Akua Pu

Richard A . Miller
rmgmgeam@hotmail.com
Posted 5/14/11 at 8:05pm

Post a reply

The Hawaiians

I am sitting here in my easy chair listening to 2 tapes of your parents!! You mother just finished singing, Oh, How I Love Him and also I heard Saviour Like a Shepherd Lead Us, Ho, Everyone That Is Thirsty. I live in Danville, Illinois and your family perform at the Rock Church at 20 Poland Rd.. The pastor was Rev. Paul Stern who now resides at Lincoln, Nebraska with his daugher and son in law, Susan and Jerry David. What a thrill to have met and heard the Hawaaians. What a wonderful ministry to the body of Christ they had. I wish you the very best in your endeavor to get the former records, tapes re-released. Sincerely, Richard A. Miller
217 903-2055.

Kevin Lauriault
kevinlauriault@gmail.com
Posted 5/19/11 at 11:05pm

Post a reply

Love "The Hawaiians"

I first heard them at my missionary teacher's house around 1994 in the Bahamas and have been listening to them ever since. I would buy any cd produced with their music so please continue in this attempt.

Kelly Kennedy
info@christianalbums.com
Posted 5/26/11 at 7:05pm

Post a reply

Hawaiians albums

Albums by "The Hawaiians" can be purchased at: www.christianalbums.com
There is a wide selection of their music, as well as all the old favorites in classic Christian music

Nicole Carlson
send2nicole@att.net
Posted 6/5/11 at 1:06am

Post a reply

THE HAWAIIANS, Mark and Diane RECORDING

Hi, I have a copy of the HAWAIIANS recorded Live in Waikiki
TOTally WONDERFUL! I can get you in touch with the man who recorded it and he will get you a CD!

Blessings!

Charles Kunold
papasbuddy@frontiernet.net
Posted 6/22/11 at 2:06am

Post a reply

Hawaiian's CD's

Don't know if you still have this option available but if you do I would like to talk to you about purchasing CD's. Saw them 35 years ago and it was the most exhilirating concert of my life. Thank you if you are able to answer this.

Denise
tksgodalways@yahoo.com
Posted 7/1/11 at 3:07am

Post a reply

Amazon.com sells their music

Mark And Diane In Concert - The Hawaiians Recorded Live In Waikiki
Mark And Diane (Author) | Format: Audio Cassette on Amazon.com

s. brock
bks130@att.net
Posted 7/2/11 at 3:07am

Post a reply

The Hawaiians' singing couple

Where or what happened to the Hawaiians'? They were such beautiful singers & my son / wife are in Hawaii right now. Are they there somewhere?

Trying to find them. Thanks !

Hilda Kilgroe
hawthornetincture@hotmail.com
Posted 8/1/11 at 7:08pm

Post a reply

purchasing recordings - ?CD's - by the Hawaiians

I agree with all the lovely responses about this couple's gorgeous, ethereal harmonies. I went to one of their concerts in Ks City, KS. A joyful experience. Please let me know if their music is available still. Thank-you.

Hilda Kilgroe

Leda Buller
lcbdesign@comcast.net
Posted 8/4/11 at 5:08am

Post a reply

"Ho, Everyone that is Thirsty"

I so appreciated the update and remarks by Christine Yasuhara. We vacation in Hawaii often and this last month I brought home Michener's novel, "Hawaii" to re-read after 40 years! I had always been blessed by the music and spirit of the Yasuhara's, and the day after I finished the book, I ran across Mark Yasuhara's book, "Forever...Aloha". What a treat!! Mark's book meant so much in perspective to the little that people can gain without the Lord compared to the journey through life with Him. The Yasuharas have always been the "real thing", and I understand completely what is meant by "growing out of church" and praise God that they seem to know how to be faithful in spite of others' expectations.
This thread has provided some great info on acquisition of their music, and I will be pursuing and purchasing! "Ho, Everyone that is Thirsty" is my fav, and I hope it is available!

Kathie Morales
kattmorales@gmail.com
Posted 8/14/11 at 5:08pm

Post a reply

Down From His Glory/Oh How I Love Him

I just simply cannot believe that I have found this thread and there is a possibility I may soon again be listening to some of the most beautiful music I've ever heard. I was 15 the first time I saw Mark and Diane in concert (I'm now 52), and I had all of their albums, which I played over and over. My dad was a pastor, and I can so clearly see myself and my dad sitting alone in our church playing those albums over the church speakers. I can still hear Mark singing "Down From His Glory", and "Ho Everyone Who is Thirsty" and so many others, and Diane reaching clear up into heaven singing "Oh How I Love Him". I have writting to Dave and am praying I receive a reply. It was so touching to read Christine's message and to get a personal family update of The Hawaiians. I have always wondered what happened to them, and how it is possible in this age of technology that I have never been able to find any CD's or YouTube videos. I'm glad she was able to share this thread with her parents. They have not, and will never, be forgotten. May God continue to bless them and use them for His Glory as He sees fit!!!

Milica Lilic
milica46@aol.com
Posted 8/22/11 at 10:08pm

Post a reply

The Hawaiians CDs -- Interested!

Hi Dave, Do you still have CDs from the Hawaiians -- Mark and Diane. If you do please let me know how I can get them and what is your price. Thanks for reply, Milica

Barbie King
valentine.barbie@yahoo.com
Posted 8/29/11 at 5:08pm

Post a reply

Hawaiians

I'll buy any music of the Hawaiians. Can you make some more?

BARBIE KING
valentine.barbie@yahoo.com
Posted 8/29/11 at 5:08pm

Post a reply

Dave Hollandsworth

Where can I contact Dave to get recordings of the Hawaiians? I am deaf - no phone. Does he have email?
thanks

CoCo
cartes1957@yahoo.com
Posted 8/31/11 at 9:08am

Post a reply

Revival of Mark & Diane's music

Kaina,
I can't tell you how wonderful it was to see your comments on a possible revival of your parents music. Years ago I heard them both in concert in our church in West Palm Beach, Fl. I have collected most of their albums but sad to say many songs were scratched and crackin but even so my husband had put them on cd and I have listened to them in earnest having a Holy Spirit Blessing everytime I hear them on my iPod. We are so hungry for this kind of music as I feel the church has gotten away from the Presence of the Lord thru most of the music they sing. Mark and Diane had touched the divine harmony of God's presence and there are millions of people hungry for this again to come back. Don't let this go away as we need their songs and anointing. I hope to hear more of what you are doing in this effort. I have searched the internet for years on some bit of info about more of their singing. Hope to hear soon that you have this project moving. My prayers and interest are with you. I don't think that Mark and Diane realize how they have touched the hearts of millions of people. Only eternity will tell!!! We are so grateful to them.

Devoted fan of Mark and Diane
CoCo

Elizabeth
emarie57@hotmail.com
Posted 10/2/11 at 7:10pm

Post a reply

The Hawaiians - ministry on TBN 10/29/86

Check out this recently posted ITBN blast from the past, Oct. 29, 1986. The Hawaiians ministered (starts a little after the 5:00 minute mark)
http://www.itbn.org/index/detail/lib/Networks/sublib/TBN/ec/JnZ2twMjqP5AfUwIRJhSE2Y0tuTsQyQY/offset/92

Davina Saunders
sauncon@globalnet.co.uk
Posted 11/8/11 at 7:11pm

Post a reply

The Hawaiians Marks and Diane Yasuhura

You say on the website that you have CD's of these singers. I would love to have some - I have not heard them but heard that they sing like angelic beings.

I would be pleased to send money order/whatever means of payment required.

Many thanks
God bless

Davina Saunders

Lena E
lessick9@yahoo.com
Posted 11/11/11 at 9:11pm

Post a reply

The Hawaiians, Mark & Diane Yasuhara

I am very much interested in obtaining the albums of the Hawaiians if you are willing to let someone purchase them. Please advise as the cost. Thank you

Lena
lessick9@yahoo.com

Post a reply

CD's by the Hawaiians, Mark & Diane Yasuhara

I am very interested in purchasing the CD's by the Hawaiians. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated. THank you and have a Blessed Day.

Lena
lessick9@yahoo.com

Post a reply

helping

Kaina, I am not sure as to what I could do to help get your folks back into the music forum but I would be willing to give it a try if at all possible. Just let me know. I live in Choctaw, Oklahoma and do not work as I am on disability but I will do what I possibly can as I love to hear them sing. They have voices of angels and should never have stopped. I only have only album and I've almost worn it out. Thank you and have a Blessed Day.

Jennifer Selby
jenniferlselby@hotmail.com
Posted 1/1/12 at 9:01pm

Post a reply

The Hawaiians~ Interested in buying their albums

Hi~ I was just asking my Mom about the Hawaiians last night ~ had been thinking about when I was growing up my Mom used to put their music on w/ my sister, brother and I and we would love it! Asked her where those albums went. She said she had looked for them many years ago and couldn't find them ~ didn't know what happened to them and she tried to google to look for albums or cds to purchase and couldn't find anything. Please let me know if you would be interested in selling your albums. We do have a record player and know we could somehow find someone to possibly convert to cd. Please let me know if you would consider selling them!
Thanks,
Jennifer Selby
586-295-6994
Ft. Myers, Florida

Jennifer Selby
Posted 1/1/12 at 9:01pm

Post a reply

Buying Hawaiians Cds!

I don't see a phone #, but I am very interested in buying the Hawaiians music converted to cd. Love, Love their music and haven't heard for a very long time, was just talking w/ my Mom about them last night & she said she couldn't find the albums we used to have when I was growing up. She googled to find their music & didn't find anything she asked me to look to see if I could find any cds we could purchase.
Please let me know asap if we can purchase any.
Thanks,
Jennifer Selby
586-295-6994
Ft. Myers, Florida

Jennifer Selby
Posted 1/1/12 at 10:01pm

Post a reply

Hawaiians tapes

I would be very interested~ do you still have the Hawaiians on tape?
Please let me know I Loooooove them and don't have any of their music as my Mom doesn't know what happened to the albums we had of theirs.
Please let me know I am searching for their music.
Thanks alot,
Jennifer Selby
586-295-6994
Ft. Myers, Florida

Jennifer Selby
Posted 1/2/12 at 12:01am

Post a reply

Would Love to help w/ Endevor to Bring Back the Hawaiians!

Kaina and Christine,
So excited to hear how good your parents are doing and that Kaina is wanting to revive your parents wonderful, majestic voices so that everyone in this century can too experience the AMAZING VOICES of Mark and Diane Yasuhara! I was just talking w/ my Mom last night asking her what ever happened to the albums we used to have of the Hawaiians? She went looking for them years ago before my parents moved from the house I grew up in and she said she couldn't find them ;( She had googled recently trying to find how she could get ahold of any cds of their's now and couldn't find anything. I told her I would search and just started looking tonight and am SOOOOOO Happy I found this blog/website w/ all these great posts and information on how I can get ahold of their albums now!!! Yeahhhhhh!!! I Remember my Mom putting the Hawaiians albums on and me and my brother and sister would dance around and sing to their AWESOME SONGS!!! : ) I am 42 now and have 3 children of my own 16, 12 & 11 and want them to hear and experience their Amazing Heavenly voices and have that rare experience of feeling really close to God and heaven~ this side of heaven~that's how I felt when I listen to their music! :)
Please let me know how I could help to promote your parents music/concerts etc... We definitely NEED their music in America & around the world right now more than ever!!! They're annointing and amazing voices ~ I beleive God has given an amazing power ~ the Holy Spirit is very strong when they sing and I beleive they could affect a "Revival" in America & possibly around the world!!! I am a singer myself however have been in a way "hiding out" not using my talent I'm ashamed to say. I've come to the realization that I believe it's because of my fear of being in front of people~stage fright. I want to use my voice but am still afraid even @ 42 :/ I would Love to get involved in helping to bring the music of the Hawaiians to the 21st Century though! Anything I can do to help you bring your parents music to the world again, I will do! I will be praying that God will show you a vision of what He wants for your parents gifts to be brought back to the world!
I would love to help in this Endevor to bring back the Hawaiians music!
Love in Christ,
Jennifer Selby
(Fort Myers, Florida)
586-295-6994

Richard A. Miller
rmgmgeam@hotmail.com
Posted 2/2/12 at 1:02am

Post a reply

Music of Mark and Diane, The Hawaiians

I have some tapes of the Hawaiians and some of their live performances they did when they sang at the Rock Church in Danville, Illinois some years ago.

Richard A. Miller
rmgmgeam@hotmail.com
Posted 2/2/12 at 1:02am

Post a reply

Music by Mark and Diane, The Hawaiians

I have some of their music. Please contact me at the above e-mail address.

Carlene M. (Owen) Thomas
Carlenethomas11@comcast.net
Posted 2/17/12 at 12:02am

Post a reply

The Hawaiians

In the 80's I was blessed to be a member of The National Christian Choir (Washington, DC) directed by Harry Causey. In one of our city wide concerts (I believe that was held in the DAR Constitution Hall)The Hawaiians sang together at our event, and I believe my life was never the same after that. All of my young and adult life I had been blessed to sing in wonderful choirs, but never had been blessed to hear the God given musical gifts shared with us by Diane and Mark. The selections they chose were totally Christ honoring, and I felt I had listened to angels on earth! I have one very old, and very used tape of The Best of The Hawaiians; and would dearly love to own more of their music (CD's). Diane and Mark need to know there are thousands and thousnds who dearly love and appreciate the musical talents God has given them, and would be a privilege to know they have revived their ministry again. The Hawaiians would have no trouble whatsoever booking appearances over here anywhere in the U.S. I can assure with confidence. Please, Diane and Mark, grace and bless us once again with your voices!

Terry Tyson
terrytyson@nc.rr.com
Posted 2/20/12 at 2:02pm

Post a reply

Hawaiians cds

Hi everyone. It's been great to read this thread. I was in a group years ago that toured the US (Stuart & Tyson) and we became friends with Diane and Mark about the time they moved to Kansas City and stayed at their house once when on tour. They were so helpful to us and I still think of them and how beautiful their music was. I thought I'd point out that I just googled a site and this came up:cdbbq.com. The Hawaiians albums are selling there for about $63 each, about the same as Stuart & Tysons. I don't remember receiving a royalty check yet. What's with that? Hello to all! :)

mary yeakle
lyeakle@juno.com
Posted 2/26/12 at 6:02am

Post a reply

THE HAWAIIANS

I remember THE HAWAIIANS they were such a blessing and their music and songs were beautiful!!It would be nice if they would start singing again in concerts and churches they were wonderful singers!

Benjamin Jaus
Benjamin@jaus.us
Posted 2/29/12 at 1:02pm

Post a reply

Loved them too.

I was in a goodwill store yesterday and bout a record recorded by "The Hawaiians" called 'God Gave the Song" for 99 cents. Love it and the memories of this wonderful couple.

Paul Kasper
pkasper@peoplestelecom.net
Posted 3/8/12 at 1:03pm

Post a reply

The Hawaiians

I bought a box of old albums at an auction this last week and there are three LPs of THE HAWAIIANS in the box. Had never heard them before. One album is "The Glory of His Presence" with the Hawaiians and the Tyler St. United Meth. Church Choir, Dallas Texas. It is signed on the back with ALOHA IN JESUS, DIANE & MARK. The second one is Hawaiians R7054 with 10 sacred songs. The 3rd is "Songs of Praise" The Hawaiians. Would be interested in selling.

Tom Miller
tomandcorinne@lycos.com
Posted 4/2/12 at 11:04pm

Post a reply

Blessings to the Mark and Diane Yasuhara

Dear Mark and Diane,

Encouragement for you and a refreshing visit from our Lord Jesus Christ. Thanks for the years you gave in His service. Be encouraged. You are loved.

Lyle Snyder
lsnyder@krausonline.com
Posted 4/25/12 at 5:04pm

Post a reply

Mark & Diane Yasuhara

I also heard the Hawaiians in concert in Elmhurst, Ill. in the 70's. I have some of their tapes & LP's. How could anyone listen to these extraordinary voices and not be moved! I have said, for years, that Diane is probably the best soprano that I have ever heard. And Mark singing "Down From His Glory" and " I Will Pour Water..." is beyond description!! I have missed them greatly. I will purchase their CD's!

Audrey Strobel
audreystrobel@hotmail.com
Posted 4/30/12 at 4:04pm

Post a reply

The Hawaiins- Mark and Diane Yasuhara on C D ?

Are c D s of any songs rcorded by Mark and Diane Yasuhars now available?
If so, what is place and price to obtain?
We heard and saw them in concert in Rochester, New York about 1075.
The strengh, beauty and anointing of that performance was so memorable that at age 81, I still remember it now in 2012! "Down From His Glory" was for me the most intense of all.
Audrey Strobel, Frankfort, Indiana.

CAPT. BILL
generalgoofoff@hotmail.com
Posted 5/17/12 at 12:05am

Post a reply

hawaiians

I HAVE AN ALBUM ENTITLED HAWAIIANS AND IT HAS MARK AND DIANE'S SIGNATURES ON IT.
SONGS "WILL SELL TO HIGHEST BIDDER"
THERE IS SOMEONE
THE SAVIOR OF THE WORLD
HE TURNED THE WATER INTO WINE ETERNAL LIFE
MEDLEY..HE TURNED THE WATER INTO WINE/THERE'S SOMETHING ABOUT THAT NAME
LOVE THEME
HOLY GHOST
IN THE GARDEN
HO EVERYONE THAT ID THIRSTY
LORD WE PRAISE YOU

Ernestine
ercobb@centurylink.net
Posted 5/22/12 at 12:05am

Post a reply

The Hawaiians

I met them in Montreat at a World Mission's Conference and have also been looking for some of their music on CDs.

Judy Ellis
j.r.m.ellis@frontier.com
Posted 5/23/12 at 12:05pm

Post a reply

Mark and Diane

Last night I was recording your records to CD for myself and realized how much I miss listening to your wonderful music. It really says what I think and feel and miss in relation to this new music today, which does not reach me in the same way.
If it is the Lord's will PLEASE start your concerts again. WE REALLY MISS YOU!!!

Thanks,

Bobbolink
bobbolink@gmail.com
Posted 5/26/12 at 8:05pm

Post a reply

Mahalo!

What a delight to find this thread!

So many years ago, when I was just beginning hula, I had one of their albums, and a friend kindly choreographed a hula of it for me. (I am in the wilds of Colorado) I performed it at a Lutheran church, and it was well-received.

Sometimes I think of that hula, and wish I had written it down. Would be so wonderful to be able to dance it again.

Mahalo to all for sharing your memories. I am surprised to hear they were in Colorado. I never saw them in person. Sounds like I really missed a treat.

Leanne
junimunhae9191@gmail.com
Posted 8/4/12 at 5:08pm

Post a reply

Love your music

I am from a foreign country. I have never heard The Hawaiians before, but I was watching Praise the Lord on TBN.org. They sang on 1/14/88, 4/16/86, 4/8/86, 4/5/83, and 2/17/83. I have been searching for their music on line, but unable to find them on CD. I am heart broken because I cannot obtain their music. I visit iTBN.org to listen th their music. I have been to Operas and musical plays, but I like the Hawaiians the best. I hope they will reprint their music soon.

Don Tumas
dmtumas@gmail.com
Posted 8/6/12 at 7:08pm

Post a reply

Mark's 1978 Vacation Tour to Hawaii

I was on Mark's 1978 vacation tour through Hawaii. There were about 60 of us on the bus with Mark and Diane for a blessed 2 weeks of angelic singing. I remember their 2 youngest daughters falling asleep on my lap as the bus traveled on and on. I surely hope they come back and bless us with recordings. Their pianist was KEVIN CHAMBERS. I have not seen Kevin since about 1979 when he gave a concert
at Calvary Temple in Naperville, Illinois. Maybe they could all 3 make a comeback together!

Richard Osterhus
r_osterhus@yahoo.com
Posted 9/24/12 at 8:09pm

Post a reply

The Hawaiians

I always loved this couple and their music and have tried to purchase cd's that simply do not exist. As I have a computer with a record turntable attached, and a program that records vinyl records taking out 99% of clicks and pops, I set out to garage sales etc, to find their recordings. It wasn't long before I found 3 different albums and transfered them myself to cd with great results. There may be someone in your area who would perform this for you. Many do record to cd transfer.

Dona Cardenas
dmcboopeep@gmail.com
Posted 9/25/12 at 6:09pm

Post a reply

records/ cd's

Thank you,Christine for your up date on your family. This is Sept 2012 and I am JUST now finding this site. The only cassette tape I have is when you all visited Hawaii for a concert & you & your sister sang "We have a special guest at our house" {ages of 5&7 ?} Along with many,many others ,I too, have wondered what happened to the Hawaiians. I saw them in Grand Haven,Mich.{don't know the year}& fell in love along with thousands of others. It has been 4yrs since your last up date. Is it possible to up date to 2012. Are there sons-in-law, grand children, maybe even grt.grd children? Are your parents in good health,etc,etc? I for one would love to know the "latest". Thanks for what ever you care to share, even with your own lives. Sincerly,In Christ
Dona Cardenas

Arleene
rockshopgifts@aol.com
Posted 10/4/12 at 4:10pm

Post a reply

The Hawaiian's

I don't know the last name but the first names are Mark & Diane.

Bud and Nancy Williams
hebrews10_24amp@hotmail.com
Posted 10/4/12 at 11:10pm

Post a reply

Down from His Glory by The Hawaiians

From the Illinois Prairie, October 4, 2012

Good evening!

The Lord led me to use that wonderful invention which He gave man ... YouTube ... to listen to this amazing song by this amazing couple: Praise Him!

Sincerely (Psalm 150),

Bud Williams and Family
<><

Lois Fowler
mrf1932@embarqmail.com
Posted 10/5/12 at 4:10pm

Post a reply

Hawaiians CD's

Looking for their CD that has the 139th Psalm on it. I believe the name of the album was The Hawaiians.

rodandmel
rodandmel@juno.com
Posted 10/10/12 at 3:10pm

Post a reply

The Hawaiians gospel duo of husband and wife

I found the records that these two dynamic gospel singers recorded in most secondhand stores or old estate sales..They are currently running a business of Hawaiian weddings..in Ouahu..and they have a website..

Sandy Elliott
sstormyc1@gmail.com
Posted 10/29/12 at 10:10am

Post a reply

The Hawaiians

Called To Worship is my favorite song ever....

Rich Marshall
urhndyman@aol.com
Posted 11/5/12 at 6:11am

Post a reply

Hawaiians

HOw can I contact their business in Hawaii,,,,,,,,thanx

Bruce Kjeldsen
flythestarsandstripes@yahoo.com
Posted 11/12/12 at 2:11am

Post a reply

first names

They are Mark and Dianne Yasuhara. They are both native Hawaiaan. We attended the same Bible study under Myrna Jay on Friday nights at Kalihi Union Church in 1966 and 1967. I was working as an Army medical lab tech. at Tripler Hospital. Mark and Diane were students at the Univ. of Hawaii. They were involved in some kind of competition for opera singing. I attended their wedding. I last saw them singing on tour in a Baptist church in south Colorado Springs sometime in the 70s.

barbara Myers
bmyers@lumpkin.k12.ga.us
Posted 11/24/12 at 6:11pm

Post a reply

The Hawaians

We fell in love with the music...we went to their concerts and we miss them so badly...someone needs to restore their music

Donna Neal
donna.neal@yahoo.com
Posted 12/13/12 at 5:12am

Post a reply

Mark and Diane on TV

I just watched an old TBN Christmastime show from Dec 16, 1982 (30 years ago). Mark and Diane were as great as I remembered. They sang many songs, but not my favorite (Love Song to My King). I see by the net that they are doing wedding packages in Hawaii. Perhaps we can see them on TBN again some day. Seeing them sing is such a joy....

Lataine Dillard
Lataine@gmail.com
Posted 1/2/13 at 1:01pm

Post a reply

music of Mark &Diane Yasahara

I will be glad to pay the postage for the Aloha Jesus is coming soon and Wonderful Jesus. If they are reasonable, I can pay for them. Please let me know. Thank you so much. I heard my friend' s recording made during a 1980's concert in Ft. Worth concert a long time ago.

Leanne Robinson
junimunhae9191@gmail.com
Posted 2/2/13 at 1:02pm

Post a reply

Mark and Diane dates they sang on TBN

Thank you Donna Neal for putting the date that Mark and Diane were on TBN, 12/16/12. I will search for the Christmas show of 12/16/82.

When I searched them on iTBN and found them singing on 2/17/83, 4/5/83, 4/6/86, 4/16/83, and 1/14/88, but I believe they were on TBN more than that because some one posted on YouTube "There is some one" The back ground is TBN for sure. If anyone know what date they sang “There is some one” please post.

nash
amybnash@gmail.com
Posted 2/2/13 at 3:02pm

Post a reply

Weddings

They can be reached through their wedding website alohaforeverhawaiiweddings.com.

Jeff
caseyace2@yahoo.com
Posted 2/14/13 at 2:02pm

Post a reply

"The Hawaiians"

I too was slain by the Hawaiians wonderous, heavenly voices in the 70's. The genuine, pure angelic driven notes that God gave these two proved to be a different type of "match made in heaven".

When a song drives every single nerve in your body to shake with elation, you know it is NOT of mankind, but from that of OUR God.

God bless our World.

David Hollandsworth
davhol57@gmail.com
Posted 2/27/13 at 12:02pm

Post a reply

The Hawaiians music is here

I've set up a simple page where you can now order CDs or MP3s with Paypal or credit card. And a portion of all sales goes to Mark and Diane and with their blessing.
http://www.one-way.org/hawaiians/

Carol Farkash
farkashmom@verizon.net
Posted 3/3/13 at 11:03pm

Post a reply

Hawaiians music

I am interested in getting CD's of some of the Hawaiians music. I have a tape of the some called Hawaiians. I would like the Christmas one. How much are the CD's?

Cheryl & Lane Vifinkle
vifinkle@q.com
Posted 3/7/13 at 7:03pm

Post a reply

Wonderful Duo!

I was honored to attend Kapiolani Technical School with Diane. She sang for our graduation in 1965...beautiful voice. Mark is opera trained, and we are so honored to have one of their LP's. My husband transfers to CD, so if anyone wants one, we could arrange that.

We are sad they don't sing any longer; they are a true blessing to the Lord!

Jeff Evans
jeff7074@att.net
Posted 3/14/13 at 12:03am

Post a reply

Where to Find Recordings of Hawaiians (Mark & Diane Yasuhara)

I found their discography on "Discogs" www.discogs.com/artist/Hawaiians. I found one of my favorites of theirs, "Down From His Glory" to listen to at www.youtube.com/watch?v=419kDLq2sRA and another of their popular songs, "There is Someone" at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSchqa8fPVo

Hope this helps and at least gets you started. God Bless!

Karen
cellogirl1949@yahoo.com
Posted 6/18/13 at 3:06pm

Post a reply

The Hawaiins gospel duo

My friend just heard them sing in Dallas so I guess they are still singing. Yes they are opera singers. They don't live in Hawaii anymore. Their names are Mark and Diane Yashuhara.(I can't spell)

Gerri Herrera
gherrera@pwcgov.org
Posted 6/25/13 at 1:06pm

Post a reply

The Hawaiians

Has anyone found out where i can get their music...heard it as a teenager and would love to hear it again...what beautiful music they made! Please let me know...was just in Hawaii and found no information...very dissapointed. thanks for any help you can forward.

Diane Williams
dw85252@gmail.com
Posted 7/26/13 at 2:07pm

Post a reply

CDs and MP3 available

I ordered and received all of the CDs of Mark and Diane Yasuhara's music from http://www.one-way.org/hawaiians/ . It was great to do business with David Hollandsworth. The recordings are as beautiful as I remembered. I was also pleased that Mark and Diane receive part of the proceeds. What a blessing to hear the awesome quality of their voices singing praises to the Lord. Their Aloha and devotion our blessed Saviour shines through.

M S Burton
GoldenGatePark2010@gmail.com
Posted 7/28/13 at 10:07am

Post a reply

The Hawaiians!

I really enjoyed their music also, years ago! I heard them in person at Northside Baptist Church in St Petersburg, Fl! I love There is Someone!

Gloria
stuckin7tz@aol.com
Posted 8/15/13 at 5:08am

Post a reply

The Hawaiians with their daughters on TBN 12/16/82

Just saw a re-run on TBN dated 12/16/82 of The Hawaiians, and their 2 daughters, who sing on the show as a duet (for the first time). Christine (the younger daughter) is 11 yrs old and DeAnna is 12 yrs old ! They sang so beautifully! God bless Mark and Diane for their ministry all those years.
Gloria

kathy
rottmuno@aol.com
Posted 8/15/13 at 6:08am

Post a reply

The Hawaiians

You can see them on christian classic tv on TBN in California its channel 40 they are on as I write. Every so often you will see them on the classic's I also remember them they have the most beautiful harmony I still have a few of thier albums it would be nice for them to come out of retirement at least a few times a year and do some concerts. God Bless Them. Will look forward to look them up next trip to Hawaii.

james rhoads
junis63@sbcglobal.net
Posted 10/27/13 at 4:10pm

Post a reply

down from his glory

there is no one that sings Down From His Glory ....like the Hawaiians.....I still sing this song...it means so much to me,and it should to all Christians who claim Jesus as their Lord....a mighty song,a mighty message......james rhoads,,,,music director, gospel music permoter....moody first Baptist church, moody,tx I permote Southern Gospel music in the Temple -Belton tx area......

Gail Golz
golz@telus.net
Posted 11/28/13 at 4:11am

Post a reply

Recordings

I too enjoyed the songs that Mark and Diane sang in the 70's. I have a couple of their records and must get them onto CD's. Down from His Glory was a favorite. Was blessed immensely!!! Sure would like to hear them again.

Marge
marrow1341@yahoo.com
Posted 12/28/13 at 3:12pm

Post a reply

The Hawaiians

Their names are Mark and Diane

Marge
marrow1341@yahoo.com
Posted 12/28/13 at 3:12pm

Post a reply

The Hawaiians

I also fell in love with their beautiful voices the first time I heard them. I have a cassette tape that I want to have digitized to a CD. It was a time in my life that I was wondering just what my purpose was and why was I here. I heard them sing "You Are There" and that led me to Psalms 139. After reading that, I was encouraged to know that I am a child of God!

Ruth Korngable
kenandruth@sbcglobal.net
Posted 1/16/14 at 2:01am

Post a reply

Mark and Dianne

I was so thrilled to find this website. I feel that this couple was definitely the best singers that I've ever heard. How they blessed me for many years. I would love to hear their songs again - any and all of them. Thank you for the update on them. Perhaps the Lord will lead them to sing again someday. His gifts are eternal and are without repentance. Love to you and your parents. Ruth Kight Korngable
6655 Bradbury Court, Fort Worth, Tx 76132
817 + 737-7007 1/15/2014

benjamin jaus
BenJaus@gmail.com
Posted 1/20/14 at 4:01pm

Post a reply

God gave a Song

Jan 2014, going through old records while in process of moving and found a record Mark and Diane made in 1976. I remembered hearing them sing in Hawaii probably in that time frame.

I was a police officer in Hawaii and lived near the A of G church in Honolulu and attended there in that time frame.

Frank Cook
lookengoodforu@aol.com
Posted 4/7/14 at 1:04pm

Post a reply

Amazing Grace

I used to have a copy of the Hawaiins' songbook with a beautiful arrangement of Amazing Grace. Does anyone know where to purchase a copy of this book.

Cheryl Cuchra
cherylcuchra@yahoo.com
Posted 5/28/14 at 7:05pm

Post a reply

THE HAWAIIANS Mark and Diane Yasuhara

The Hawaiians was one of my favorite singing group as a young woman. I'd sit and play their albums over and over again. Their voices and music was truly used by the Holy Spirit to touch many lives. Now, almost 40 years later, this beautiful couple came to my mind out of the blue one day about a month ago. I'd lost track of their ministry over the years and I wasn't sure if they were even singing anymore. After some searching on the internet I read that they were in "retirement" and involved in their business in Honolulu.....Aloha Forever Weddings. And, I found this website and read through every post/comment from Sept. 2002 up to the present April 2014. The vast majority of the posts comment on their music that touched hears, their beautiful harmonizing voices and how they touched so many lives through their ministry of music. I also read many asking where they can purchase their music again, where are The Hawaiians now, what are they doing and how can we get them out of retirement and back into ministry again. Okay, it's been 12 years of posts and comments.......now, how can WE, their fans encourage them to "unretire" and resurrect that beautiful music for bringing ministry and healing to the Body of Christ and hope and salvation to a lost and dying world? We can write them and let them know we love and have missed them and encourage them to come out of retirement. We can also pray that God would speak and stir their hearts and give them a desire to once again use their voices and lives as ministers unto God. I've gotten their albums out and have been playing them again AND praying for Mark and Diane as I listen. What do you think would begin to happen if all their fans would do the same? Let's not just talk about their past ministry.....let's turn our talk into action and bring them before the Lord in prayer and see what He does!

Ann Toi Ibarra
anntoiibarra@yahoo.com
Posted 6/24/14 at 8:06pm

Post a reply

Title of song by hawaiins

There is a song sung by mark and diane,i can not remember title. Words in the song are he died to save my soul he really cares for me.Does anyone have this song to download? This song is so special to me, and so are they, i do not know why they are no longer ministrying but will be putting them in prayer. God Bless Everyone.

Nancy
ruhlronnan@q.com
Posted 7/6/14 at 1:07am

Post a reply

The Hawaiians CDs

Please let me know how to order CDs of The Hawaiians. The address http://one-way.org/Hawaiians doesn't go through. Thank you.

Jerine
jerineireland@yahoo.com
Posted 7/23/14 at 7:07pm

Post a reply

Mark and Diane recording

I have a cassett tape of the songs they sung at the Singing Christmas Tree.

Kathie Morales
kattmorales@gmail.com
Posted 8/1/14 at 3:08am

Post a reply

I Purchased The Hawaiians CDs from Dave!!!

After many years of searching for The Hawaiians music, I had given up hope of ever hearing those angelic, majestic, ANOINTED voices ever again. Then in August of 2011 I stumbled upon this thread. I just found my post up there ^^^ from 8/14/11. I am SO happy that this thread is still going! It looks like it started in 2002, and here we are 12 years later and people are STILL wanting to hear The Hawaiians!

I thought I would post an update in hopes of maybe helping anyone who is still looking. As I said my original post here was in August of 2011, and I contacted David Hollandsworth (per Mark & Diane's daughter's post as well as David's posts also above if you take the time to read them), and by 9/7/11 I had ALL of the CDs (he even threw one in for free because I purchased one of everything he had). He was a delight to do business with, and is truly doing this from his heart and his love for their music. If you look through the posts for one from David Hollandsworth on 2/27/13 (post entitled "The Hawaiians Music is Here"), he lists the website he set up, and that post also has his email address. The website, http://www.one-way.org/hawaiians/, still seems to be working fine. I did not complete another purchase since I have all of the CDs, but I clicked on the PayPal link for one CD as a test, and it seems to be working; however since I didn't make an actual purchase, I can't say 100% that purchases will go through. However, I'm sure if you email David he can give you an answer if these CDs are still available. I purchased the following CDs from him that I have on my computer right now (I have a few others but am away from home and these were the ones I copied to my computer:

Best of the Hawaiians
God Gave the Song
Hawaiians Favorites
Songs of Praises
The Glory of His Presence
The Hawaiians
Beyond the Sky (Edward Mark Yasuhara)

I don't think there have been many days since these CDs arrived in the mail back in September 2011 that I haven't listed to at least a song or two every day. I have a rather severe chronic pain condition and have a lot of trouble sleeping, and I very often simply put those CDs all in a loop and just listen all night. It is very soothing to my soul, and makes me feel closer to God, and I NEVER get tired of them!!!

I can't thank David enough for making this music available. Like everyone on this thread, I would love to see their music brought back to life. The world needs them. I don't know if Mark and Diane have any idea what a profound and lasting impression they have had on literally THOUSANDS of people. Even after being retired since 1989, people have a hunger to hear their voices! Only God could give a gift like that!

If you are a Christian music lover, I am guessing you may have heard of Lillie Knauls. I just happened on a post from her website from April 29, 2014, that includes a picture of her with Mark and Diane. I broke down in tears seeing those sweet faces - how they look now - after all these years. I think it was about 1975 the last time I saw them. Anyway, here's the link: http://mslillie.wordpress.com/2014/04/29/sunday-april-27-2014/
if you want to take a look...just scroll down and you'll see Mark's beautiful white hair...LOL!

I hope my post will help some who are still searching for The Hawaiians music. May God bless you all, and may He continue to bless Mark & Diane and their family, as they have blessed us.

Top | Bottom
Add a Message to this Topic
(Or... Click here to post a New Topic.)

Yes No